aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

1. issueid=648 08-04-2013 01:13 AM
    Yaoi Legend
    Drabble of the Month

This is just a suggestion from me... It seems like for a long time we have SoTM and PoTM, why not make a DoTM? Since not everyone can use photoshop or make graphics.... surely everyone can write a story with just good ideas and English and have their chance to win big points (for our fellow card/points loving fellow AF members)? I see a lot of yaoi fans posting slash fics elsewhere and also some talented and funny writers on our fiction section, community cafe games and some writing contests before.

Since not everyone share similar fandom, or have time to write long fics and also not a lot of people would like to read long posts (to vote), I suggest we have drabbles contest every month (around 100 words).

Participants will write a short story based on:
    • A scene (e.g. sharing drinks, ferris wheel kiss, Christmas story...),
    • Theme (e.g. Fluff, angst, horror, crack), and/or
    • Images (can be fanart or original arts found on Internet).
    The story theme will be set by the previous winner, and the voting process will also be similar to SoTM (entries be put anonymously and be voted by members). The stories will of course, have to be in English and maybe below R-18 (since we have underage members around here?).

What do you guys think? I'm not too sure if a lot of people will join this, but we could increase winning points to encourage participation or make amendments to this contest, or even drop this idea all together if it doesn't work out? Never hurt to try something new, yeah?

The aims of this suggestion is to:
    1. Give a chance to our non-graphics-making members to win big points.
    2. Encourage forum activity and involvement.
    3. Improve English and writing skills.
    4. Let writers have some fun.
    5. Let us read something written by AF members.
    6. Have fun <- (looking forward to crack stories actually).

This is just a suggestion... I'm not much of a writer myself. Just happen to think about this when I was looking at some threads at Forum Games section... I'd find out how everyone thinks about this.

Thanks for reading my suggestion and even consider about this
Issue Details
Issue Number 648
Issue Type Feature
AF Support Suggestions
Category Unknown
Status Suggested
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users Miko
Tags (none)