aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

1. issueid=492 01-19-2013 11:04 PM
    Extreme Yaoi Guru
    "Server Busy" Messages Prevent Login or Interrupt Activity on Forum
    Chronic, frequent, severe, intermittent interruption of access to the forum

LET"S POST THESE "SERVER BUSY" MESSAGES.

Until now people have just thrown comments into the Internal Server Error thread about this, but it's a DIFFERENT error, and IMO it has a much bigger negative impact on our use of the forum than that error. It's interfering with participation on the forum and may be driving people away. It may also have affected donations... why donate to a forum you can't access? The number of people online has consistently been below 400 when I've checked, since this has been going on, and has even dropped below 300.

I finally hit my own limit because tonight it kept me from being at the end of a HUGE AUCTION... which is my primary reason for coming to AF any more. I always login to my member page first but alternately have bookmarks I try for Auctions, Giveaways, and Contests.

Tonight I got the message from about 7:20 PM Pacific Time (gmt-8) until 8:00 PM Pacific Time (end of auction) and was knocked off again within 2 minutes, before I could even access the auction page. I got back on at about 8:10 PM Pacific Time.

I'll add the exact quote the next time I see it, but you know the one... it says the server is busy and may be backing up files, which is a necessary function. But it happens many, many times a day, randomly, since server migration. It was particularly bad during the Christmas break and into the New Year, especially over the first weekend in January, hitting 80-90% of the time. It destroyed repeated efforts to hold major events on the forum that had been planned for weeks.

One active Aariner said she gets the message 75% of the time she tries to log in. Let's start logging these with specifics, so Dai can figure out why it's happening.
Issue Details
Issue Number 492
AF Support Forum Functions
Category Forum Functions
Status Unconfirmed
Users able to reproduce bug 3
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)