aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

1. issueid=478 11-26-2012 02:32 PM
    Total Yaoi Freak
    Current Signature Rules & Vertical Signature Images

Hi, aarin and aarin staff!

As most people who know me are aware, making graphics on this site is what really keeps me active and involves me with everyone here. Well, besides the whole yaoi & anime aspect. ^^

I like to keep challenging myself with new styles and formats, so this is why I decided to plead my case and though I know the subject of vertical signatures has been discussed and rejected a long while back, I was hoping we could revisit this once more.

According to the Main Forum Rules and Signature rules and specifications, the maximum allowed signature elements now include:

1) a signature image of 500x250 px max (3 pics side by side possible) = 125.000 px
    2) a max of 3 smilies or 3 small pictures at 500x80 px total = 40.000 px
    3) 10 lines of regular size text or 15 with a smaller font which adds roughly another 150 px height-wise. So, 500x150 px = 75.000 px

This comes down to a grand total of 500x480 px or 240.000 px combined height & width.

Another thing I noticed while on the forum is that a post is always a minimum of 690 px in height. Meaning, a post with an average of about 10-12 lines of actual post text is completely unaffected in height by a vertical image signature.

Examples:

As it stands now, signatures aren't uniform as it is, some people have images to the right, left and middle according to personal taste, some have lots of text, some have very little, some take advantage of adding smaller images or smilies, some don't at all.
    Overall, with the huge amount of space currently allotted for signature space, a vertical signature image of 350x300 px wouldn't really affect anything.

And as someone who really enjoys making graphics, in some instances it really pains me to mutilate a character into a 500x250 px box when the whole thing would look so much better if you had the opportunity to use the character as a whole. This is especially true when you have a subject in a dynamic pose, which is also a thousand times more fun to work with.

Here's an example of an image in Nouche's current contest I really liked, but gave as gift instead of entry because of the current rules:

So this is why I'd like to ask if it wouldn't be possible to allow vertical signature images of 350x300 px max and just cut down the text allowance for this option to 5 lines of text.

It would open up so many possibilities for creativity & design and I'd personally be extremely grateful. ^^
Issue Details
Issue Number 478
Issue Type Feature
AF Support Suggestions
Category Unknown
Status Suggested
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)