aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

1. issueid=419 06-13-2012 05:57 PM
    Yaoi Amateur
    Beginner's Guide to BBC
    A possible guide for those not familiar with the code

After doing what I think is a thorough search, I'd like to suggest a thread for the intro forum showing how to use both BBC code and the text-formatting buttons when posting. If I missed such a thread, please disregard this.

I realize that the focus of the forum is not on technology, but rather using it as a means to an end. However, I have personally had several requests from people asking me how I formatted a post. While poking around and using trial-and-error could help some new users (it's how I learned), I feel that more would benefit from a formal introduction to BBC and the posting box with its many buttons on top that help people do neat things like link or add pictures. There seemed to be a spot for it in the New Members Getting Started Guide, in the section titled "The General Interface"; but the post is empty. A stickied thread at the top of the Introduction forum would be useful for those who have never used BBC before and are largely unfamiliar with this forum's formatting features.

I would be willing to write such a guide in my spare time, if I had permission and help. I think it would help many people who are hesitant to post because they're not sure how.
Issue Details
Issue Number 419
Issue Type Feature
AF Support Suggestions
Category Unknown
Status Suggested
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)