aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

..:: Ai no Kusabi ::..

1. Raincat
    Raincat
    Hi, Im Raincat...maybe someone allready knows me from other places...anyway - please take care of me
    ANK was my first yaoi anime - i was lucy have started with this master piece.

Im not finished reading all thread jet but i saw discussion about Riki in OVA and i wanted jump in.
    Why Riki looks so muscular and mature? For my point of view there is many reasons:
    - if you grow up in slum you must be strong and mature quickly
    - if you is gang leader you must be damn good fighter
    - if you must live in slum you must do anykind od jobs to survive
    - if you live on this planet with unknown /to us / and hard nature and different parameters you are different from ppl in other places / like this other curier boy in novel/
    - and ...yeah...i think too that make anime with fragile boy and big strong man in thous time...it was kinda no go.

Riki was some 15 when he first met Iason,then he was with Katze 1 year, he was with Iason 3 years and 1 year back in slum, when he returns to Iason he is 20. When story ends he is 20-21.
    age was mentioned one time in 2 OVA, in the beginning where Riki is siting on balcony.
    sry. my english - its bad bc its not my first language.
    /edited bc i made mistake in calculation - edited part is bold/
  2. alexpablok66688
    alexpablok66688
    I love Ai no Kusabi is my fave yaoi!!
  3. Raincat
    Raincat
    Official images and characte disain is out.
    Im personaly feel disapointed....
    This time they make ANK like anime addressed for teenaged female auditorium... all disain is big hint for this....
  4. Shippou-chan
    Shippou-chan
    I feel disapointed too. Especially about the new voices. Kentarou Itou as Riki is OK (I think about him as Ranmaru in Ikoku Irokoi Romantan). But Toru Ohkawa as Iason is... I miss the erotic in his voice like Shiozawa Kaneto had.
    The look of Riki seems OK as well. But what have they done with Iason? I'm afraid to see the new Raoul and Katze.
  5. UllaBritta
    UllaBritta
    They changed Riki? I thought they were keeping as much of the original cast as they could. Why? o_o Seki Toshihiko is fantastic! But ok, Itou isn't that bad either. And I did like Ohkawa in Advent Chilrden (as Rufus) so I can accept that. Even if he will never make Iason mink as amazing as Shiozawa did (R.I.P).

Oh and they FAILED the character design BIG TIME! Poor Iason.
  6. Milwaen
    Milwaen
    ANK 4ever I simply adore it!!! Well, it was a long time ago I visited the Aarin; is there any news about the remake? When will it be out? Or can it be already downloaded? I can't wait to see how it's done, though reading your comments I think it won't be as breathtaking as the old version...
  7. Qwertzu
    Qwertzu
    @Shippou-chan: I share your concern, my poor Iason looks like a zombie! (dunno who said it first, but it´s quite apt, I´ll give you that). Raoul? I´m not sure I want to see the new Raoul...

@Raincat: I love your avatar

@Milwaen: the first epi should be broadcasted sometime in September (correct me if I´m wrong, but it should be this fall (autumn if you will)) it would be cool if it could already be downloaded... it´s a looooong wait...
  8. Milwaen
    Milwaen
    Qwertzu: thanks for the fresh news I think there will be at least one trailer before the big release... at least I hope so I wonder when it will be fansubbed... My Japanese is not so good to understand it in Japanese (to tell the truth, it's not good at all )
  9. Raincat
    Raincat
    It was posted that aarin is doing subing.
    @Qwertzu - thanks , it is made from Tatas fanart, i love her ank art.

If you want hawe feeling how new ank is gonna be look, find anime Ergo Proxy. It is done by same artist who did old ova and doing now new one. Look feel kinda same like pic on ank website, hes art is changed big time and is now professional but kinda dry and faces are ...lifeless?...emotionless? This new stile of hes have lost this warmth and glow. And new wardrobe for blondies is boring not elegant - old one was even better, it was strongly flawed by 80 fahion but was still more futuristic and has some old roman hint / Jupiter!/
    But go and look this Ergo Proxy first / it is not yaoi / and ofcourse -tastes are diferent.
  10. Milwaen
    Milwaen
    Raincat: thanks for the info

I've just seen the trailer and well.... Riki's design seems to be ok with me, but Iason... He's like a zombie Why??? Even Guy looks more attractive than my favourite Blondy.
    If you want, you can check it out on the official ank website.
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast