aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Senpai srsbsns tactics!

1. GenericWit
    GenericWit
    BECAUSE THIS IS SERIOUS and we need TACTICS! lololol.

Anyway, I was just wondering what you other senpais were doin' so far.

I told my kouhai that I was there for anything (except cooking fish because I'm not a fan of seafood) and that I'm QUEEN OF TEH INTERNETZ (kidding; I said I was there to be a friend). Said that I found the forum confusing myself at first since it's so big.

Then, I tried to explain a bit but not be overwhelming.

I just told 'em to edit the profile a bit (to include a signature with a wishlist), explained how cards worked a little bit (contest thread and newbie card giveaway), and that my favorite section of the forum is the community cafe.

Then I just added a tiny bit of chitchat.
  2. Shanni
    Shanni
    that's what actually other senpai are doing too~

the kouhai asks them various questions, and the senpai answers such good answers too

and they chat them up ;D

but yay for this thread :P

*TO THE DRAWING BOARD*! -must write down more tactics to lure cute kouhai in-
  3. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Wait ... what? O.O

My kouhai and I are just yakking about anime and pairings XDDDD
  4. MegaMaz
    MegaMaz
    I remember being confused with the points system when I first joined the forum. If/When I get a kohai, I'd start by doing what Wit did:

*encouraging them to modify their profile, and
    *point them to beginner relevant threads/parts of Aarin
    *explain the point system somewhere along the way, and what the points can be used for. (Auctions/Shops/Contest Prizes/Card Purchases/Custom Cards...)
    *the REPUTATION SYSTEM, omg. >.> It took me a looooong time to realize that 'Oh, okay, I can rep people with THIS white icon thingy at the buttom of every post...'

....and basically chill with the kohai and answer any other questions they might have, and if I can't answer I can always point them to somewhere we can find the answers together.

I think I was so confused at first because before Aarin, I had never joined or participated in forums, so I was EXTRA confused. I recognize aarin's format now that I've explored other forums a bit, but as a beginner rookie Aariner, I was so, so confused. Good thing I met some cool cats that showed me the ropes, else I might have never been who I am now as an aariner.

I'm glad this group was made, so that way a Kohai won't be as confused as I was.
  5. GenericWit
    GenericWit
    LOL Artemis, you're s'posed to encourage 'em to participate, not just chat with you! :P

Anyway, MegaMaz, the rep system is important, too. I forgot about that. Good point!
  6. Shanni
    Shanni
    I guess your kouhai is more pro? ~

"yakking" XDDD man I love the words u use

[EDIT]:

XDD..should have refreshed the page before I posted~

lol your kouhai also need somebody to talk to~ I think that, to me, encourages activity... you look forward to chatting with you senpai every time you sign on to the forum

The rep system and the banking system is pretty important :O ... tell them to put everything into the bank? XDD *didn't know about that til reeeeeally later that it was useful*

I sucked when I first joined >=D ... But I was a super uploader at first, so I only went to 1 section of the forum to post.

oh yeahz >=D now that I mentioned it.. I have a massage storage of yaoi manga in my MU account~ if anybody wants to use it just give me a holler ^__^
  7. CuriousHatter
    CuriousHatter
    New people usually ask me about points and cards first.

But apart from everything everyone said ~ tell them they can blog! *shakes fist* No one told me and I only discovered all the wonderful blogs here by accident recently.
  8. Hyou
    Hyou
    Haha I'm with Hatter on that one!
    There's a lot of new members AND old members who have no idea that the blog-section exists, I've quite some times been asked "What blog section?" and I have to tell them about the "Poor little Blog-button to the right of the User CP-button..." XD
    I actually met some of my best aarin buddies there so if your kohai likes writing it's definitely great to tell them about the blog-section
  9. MegaMaz
    MegaMaz
    Oh, yeah, the blog system. XDDD So many people STILL don't know it exists...>.> Yup, definitely something to inform a Kohai about...
  10. Shanni
    Shanni
    blog XDDD............................I didn't know about it til somebody linked me there... I think I found out in like... Jan this year? *is made of so much fail*
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast