aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

*The gaang club*Avatar:The last air bender

1. captivated
    @dragonkat216: love the new set. very hot. i have a housemate i call 'sifu hotman' i agree, avatar progressively gets better throughout the series but toph's arrival just skyrocketed it for me.
  2. kumakun
    kumakun
    I gotta get around to changing me set on here..tho I am using those avas on lj

I wish there was some more avatar to watch
  3. dragonkat216
    dragonkat216
    Hey gang it's been a while, not much talk going on so I'm going to try and spur some up if I can. First though -
    @captivated: thanks dearie, glad you liked the set, and I think it's awesome you call someone "Sifu Hotman". And Toph is just so kickass, she's totally what made the show a good one to a great one for me.
    @Kuma: I wish there was more avatar to watch too, and sadly the movie ain't coming out until 2010 so we've got a while to wait.

Okay so now we need something to talk about. We may have already talked about this a long time ago...but I forget ^^;; Anywho, how did you get into avatar, was it random or deliberate that you started watching the show, and which was the first episode you watched. I'm sure we all have different stories about this.

P.S. - changed my set again XD, wanted to use this one before my X-mas sets. Chibi Zuko is just too adorable.
  4. chillipepper
    chillipepper
    It's all my stepbrothers fault... 8-DDD well, he brought the show from America... so we watched it with him and his sister...
    then... I kinda grew addicted... hehe... so my sister found it on Livevideo.com and we just watched till the end... although we had to wait for the last episodes and it got so dramatic we were almost killing ourselves... 8-DDD
  5. PurpleMonkeyCovers
    PurpleMonkeyCovers
    Oh wow.... I haven't been in here for aaaaages... <=) eheheh...
    How i got into Avatar? I went to my dad's place to spend some holiday or other, and it was on, on nickelodeon. I can't remember whether i'd heard of it before or not... might have seen a trailor sometime beforehand... or something, but i decided to watch it, and funnily enough it was the first episode. So i watched it everyday until i saw that it was only recycling the first season, and then progressed to using youtube to watch the rest. When i got into it season 2 was already out (i dunno how long it took them to release all the whole of the two seasons, but yeah.). Then i waited and waited until the 3rd season came out. XD I remember during that time i had dreams about avatar every night. That was fun.
  6. dragonkat216
    dragonkat216
    @chillipepper: that's awesome, sounds like so much fun. I think waiting for the end was dramatic for everyone, because they left us hanging for several months even though all the episodes were finished.

@PMC - Yeah this place is a little quite right now, but I suppose that was bound to happen with the show ending. It took nickelodeon about two and a half years to get season one and two out and then even longer for three as I'm sure we all know. I think I dreamed about Avatar too...especially Zuko...oh Zuzu.

As for me I was on a road trip with my mom and sis. I hadn't been watching TV that much b/c I was at boarding school but one day we were beat from driving and the hotel we were at was the only one that had nickelodeon. I was trying to nap but the show just captured my attention. I remember that my first episode was "Jet". My little sis had already been watching it so I was slow to catch up. There was a marathon here on Thanksgiving day during the first season, and I finally saw the first 18 episodes in order XD It was so cool. And well the rest is history. ^_^
  7. dragonkat216
    dragonkat216
    Alright guys, big news. I don't know whether or not you've heard about it but it seems the cast of the live action avatar movie(s) has been pretty much finalized, at least for the main characters. I won't bother listing them here but I'm posting a link to Entertainment Weekly. There isn't much info yet but I assume we'll be hearing more in the coming months as they start shooting.

A good bit of news though is that Jame Newton Howard is doing the score for the movie, and I don't know about you guys but I adore this guy's music, he's my favorite movie composer next to John Williams.

So anywho here's the LINK

This place has been quiet so I thought I'd throw a controversial topic into play XD
  8. captivated
    captivated
    hey everyone, nice to see you all again! just before christmas i moved house and my new place hasn't got the internet yet. i never knew a person could have such severe yaoi withdrawal symptoms 'til now....

i actually started watching avatar from the very first episode when it was shown on ABC here in australia. that was probably yonks after the actual release date but yeah, i started at the beginning and got hooked. i watched the whole first season on TV but after that i couldn't wait, so i watched the eps as they were released over the net.

wow, thanks for that link dragonkat! jesse mccartney negotiating the role as zuko... i'm not sure how to feel about that. as a devoted zuko fan, what do you think?
  9. dragonkat216
    dragonkat216
    @captivated: I'm glad to hear your move went well. I had to go two weeks this summer without internet...and man that is hard you know...I was twitching I needed to see yaoi so bad XD

I hadn't realized the episodes were on the net until The Boiling Rock got leaked man I probably could have been watching the eps a lot more if I had known,

You're welcome for the link. I've been keeping tabs on the live action movie, seeing what news there is and finally something comes up. For me...well I'm torn with the cast they have so far. Lots and lots of folks online have complained about how 'white' it is. And as a fan I agree. But on the other hand I don't think it's a bad tactic. Avatar is first and foremost a kids show (even though many older folks are addicted), and kids, especially in America, well I don't think they care so much about ethnicity and stuff. Kids are more attracted towards personable people (people who look like them) and since this movie will be released first in the U.S. and targeted towards the same age group the show was, I don't think it's a horrible decision.

Still Jesse McCartney as Zuko...I'm a little terrified. And the girl for Katara...she looks way too young. I mean come one Katara is the mother of Avatar, she needs to look mature. Ah well we'll see what happens.

You know a part of me had hoped that the voice cast would do the live action, even though most of them are too old...it's going to be hard to hear someone other than Dante Basco doing Zuko's terribly sexy voice.
  10. ricca123
    ricca123
    i wonder if ppl are still alive in here??? even tho the show has finished??
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast