aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Tutorials

1. khoakhung
    khoakhung
    that i just found out today becuase i was mad no one helped me and decided to do it all by myself
    i just need to know what's radial blur is thou,
    i can only add another base image (copied it) then blur it, then make it lighter.. TADA !
  2. Flei
    Flei
    khoakhung: Radial Blur isn't used that often, actually. XD People prefer Gaussian Blur and Motion Blur. Radial blur can make a 'spin' blurred effect or a 'zoomed in' blur effect. It's better to use Radial Blur for other things (like making textures or brushes). :3 I stick to Gaussian Blur to brighten an image, Motion Blur to add a neat effect, and Surface Blur to make over-sharpened LQ images better.
  3. khoakhung
    khoakhung
    how to do these blurs ?
    lol i need to know where to click too..
    i'm so dumb..
  4. Flei
    Flei
    khoakhung: Just go to Filter > Blur. You'll see the list of different blurs there. It's also where Radial Blur is located. =D

Gaussian Blur - Usually people duplicate their original image, use Gaussian Blur (in the box, I put 4.0), and then set the blurred layer to Soft Light/Overlay. Ta-dah! <3 Shiny and pretty now~

Motion Blur - Same thing. Duplicate, put a number in the box, and set it to Soft Light/Overlay. It has a nice effect. :3

Surface Blur - Very useful for crappy images! <3 I set the Radius (first box) to 11 and the Threshold (second box) to 14 and turned this LQ pic into this, which I can use to make graphics out of. =D
  5. Halite75
    Halite75
    Ooo, surface blur. I've never tried that. *takes notes*
  6. Melissa
    Melissa
    crisislover: omg CAN I STEAL THAT BANNER FROM YOU?? <333 good work, so pretty. Even though it didn't really follow it that much... xD

Flei: aafgahjkdfshdkjfjsjdkf YOU MADE IT EVEN MORE PRETTIER!! <3333 I'm probably going to look off of that for reference. xD; Good too! And yeah amazing how you can do that with adjustment layers. : D

I might make another tutorial or if anyone else wants to...? -glares at Flei- xDD
  7. khoakhung
    khoakhung
    oooh..how interesting *take notes*
  8. Flei
    Flei
    Halite75: Surface Blur has saved my butt loads of times when I wanted to make something out of a crappy image. ;P May it help you as it has helped me~ XD

Melissa: Y-YAY, COMPLIMENTS! |D Hahahah, it isn't as bright and shiny as yours, but i think it turned out nicely.

aksjhgd;alskj;lkdj I-I'll try to make a tutorial, too! *glares back at Melissa* >.>;;; It'll probably be kinda all over the place/hard to follow, but I think it'll be comprehensible (hopefully).
  9. Melissa
    Melissa
    XD

Ah well, what is it that you guys want to know more? Like another tutorial about Adjustment layers? Text Placement? Ect? oO;;;;
  10. Flei
    Flei
    Oooh, you know, a guide on text would be great! Not on just placement, but also on fonts & techniques! A lot of the times the text either makes or breaks a sig, so it's really important. =P

Gods knows how many decent sigs I ruined with crappy text placement/fonts/technique. OTL
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast