aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Help Discussion

1. Mellusia
    Mellusia
    I'm not sure how to specify this question. I'd like help with depth in a piece. I am fine with the standard flat imagery, but more and more I'd like to create depth, I just...don't know how xD

Any basic suggestions or even tutorials?
  2. Halite75
    Halite75
    Could you post an example of a signature that you like that has depth?
  3. Mellusia
    Mellusia
    'Kay, I just spotted this one on aarin:

The over-all sig looks great, but the depth especially looks amazing
  4. Halite75
    Halite75
    Okay, well to me, it looks like that person used some photographic looking textures in the background which work well with the image they used because the image they used is not super "flat." Those type of textures would look out of place if the image of he character they used was not so complex.
  5. trixilein
    trixilein
    hi, I have a question, I would like to render a certain pic from heise, unfortunately the art is very detailed and I simply don't know how to get it rendered. I tried various things, but i always end up with a "stroke" or shadow of the background color
    Can anyone help me? please?
  6. Halite75
    Halite75
    I usually just render with the eraser at about 600% zoom. Sometimes when I'm rendering something that is photographic looking, I will use the soft eraser brush for certain parts of the image (usually the hair).

Another option that works for thing that are difficult to render nicely, is to take the original pic into where you are making the sig and then put a colored layer or texture underneath it and then then go into blend modes and find a blend that makes the image blend almost completely into the background (often darken or multiply modes help achieve this).

Next, make a copy of your image layer and put it on top of the blended image layer (change it back to normal mode) and then take the soft eraser brush and roughly render it inside the sig.

Next try different blend modes on that layer (and different levels of transparncy). You might need to make several copies of the roughly rendered layer and apply different blend modes to them to get the look you are going for.
  7. khoakhung
    khoakhung
    hei (the maker of the sig) is amazing at depth, here's why in my opinion on how it works,
    her style when it has clear depth is realism, thus the background is a blurred (usually) realist background,
    c4ds around a focused and detailed focal. Sometimes c4ds are also kept at the fore front and is blur, thus the render is in 'the middle' creating depth and brings attention to it.
    lastly, notice how the light textures are in parts of the sig, not opt it as a whole. When depth is desired you shouldn't makes adjustments that brings a harmonious blends such as gradient map, adding color by plashes could be best.
    Also, remember that in a depth composition, text is VERY hard to place, you might wants to considers that before trying anything too risky etc..

For Heise pics i usually don't render xD i use very hard to explain but simple to do cheats xD
  8. trixilein
    trixilein
    thanks for the help i will surely try that xD
    um... do you want to see the result later?
  9. khoakhung
    khoakhung
    totally !! <3
    let me see !!
  10. Himmelmez
    Himmelmez
    I need quick help! >_< How can I get out the Text window in PS CS, I mean the text window which looks like the Layers window, or the History, Navigator Window. I think it may be explained here or here, but I can't see the pages myself Can someone help please.. Hitting random key combis didn't help XD

Edit: Ok I found it after all.. pls delete this? XD;
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast