aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Why I started "The Anti Doe-Eyed Uke Brigade."

1. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    Usually I'm not one to start a group based on a negative subject, "anti" making me rather hesitant. But lately I've come to realize that I'm pretty much done with the weepy uke concept.

I've read a few fanfics lately, as I'm trying to get more fanfic reading in - hey, I write and publish here and on Livejournal, so I thought it would be the right thing to do and well, a fun thing to do too! But unfortunately for me, I encountered quite a handful of fanfics where the ukes were quite annoying.

Let me just say right now, I like ukes in general. I even write quite a few of them. And my ukes have even been obnoxiously weepy at times.

But I feel some writers take it to extremes. Must every little thing set off a waterfall of tears? Must the uke be so helpless? So shy? So virginal??!! AGghghhg I can't take it any more!!! lol

So, if you feel the same and just want to vent your frustration, please come along and join.
  2. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    I think there should be a rule when it comes to writing ukes. An uke may ONLY do ONE of the following:

1. Stutter
    2. Blush copiously
    3. Cry excessively
    4. Be very short
    5. Be a virgin

Having all five should be grounds for banishing his writer from publishing for all eternity.
  3. dharmaserenity
    dharmaserenity
    OMG there are so many that abuse all 5 lol.
  4. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    Jerrica Benton?!?!?! *gapes at newest member* A JEM FAN?!?!
  5. simplyme
    simplyme
    Hi everyone!
  6. jerricabenton7
    jerricabenton7
    Yes a Jem fan! No one else on here has caught the reference! I love this group. Overly wimpy ukes are my biggest yaoi pet peeve. It is such a turn off.
  7. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    simplyme I didn't know you were a fellow anti-uke fan

jerrica ~ Yeah I saw that name and immediately perked up; I was OBSESSED with Jem as a girl. Although I think I loved the Misfits more
  8. simplyme
    simplyme
    Artemis - well, reading your 100th fic with a wimpy ZOMG!CUTE please-take-me-now-Sasuke-sama Naruto makes this to you.

The only difference between seme and uke are their positions in bed, in my opinion.
  9. Artemis Moonsong
    Artemis Moonsong
    HERE, HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! *claps simplyme on the back*

As an uke-writer myself, I take offense to those who think uke = weak, sniveling little girl.

In Bleach fanfic, this is devastating to the guys' personalities. One of the reasons I HATE HATE HATE ByaRen is because I can't possibly imagine Renji as a doe-eyed trembling virgin. I can't imagine Byakuya that way either, but at least the result is more pleasing to the eye

Cause then you get those people who say, "Byakuya's too proud (or "Kanda's too proud"); he'd never submit," like being uke means you have to give up your dignity or something.
  10. simplyme
    simplyme
    That's because girls who write these kind of stories are trying (subconsciously or not) turn one of them into a girl while keeping the other masculine (and usually this one is their dream guy, proud and cool and him being uke is like giving up his masculinity).

I like bossy ukes, so Ayase-type really annoys me.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast