aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Aarin Institute of Technology

1. Purogia
    Purogia
    I'm going to keep adding stuff to this every now and then...the latest is something sort of weird. I have two computers on the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search, which is trying to find large primes of the form 2^p - 1 with p prime; there's a relatively easy test to check these numbers so you can find really big ones of this form relatively easily. In the last year, the project has hit three of them (unfortunately, none were mine) all in the ten million digit range. The newest, from two months ago:

2^42,643,801 - 1. That's 12,837,064 digits long, and out of that we can also make a perfect number (a number that equals half the sum of its factors) with about twice as many digits.

The biggest, for the record, from back in August, was 2^43,112,609 - 1, with 12,978,189 digits; there was another from September with 11 million-odd digits with exponent in the 37 millions.
  2. libertypo
    libertypo
    Minna-san ! Just joined. Hope to be a good student
  3. Purogia
    Purogia
    A random thing I came across that I may as well post during my first time checking Aarin in weeks...I came across an article recently that says that Fermilab got a nice probable upper bound on the mass of the Higgs boson. They're thinking that, given the mass estimates, they might be able to find the thing before the LHC gets back up. That'd be something nice to tide me over, honestly, given that my interest in the LHC is less the Higgs boson and more everything else they get out of it...
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345