aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi manga and novel book club

1. sujasmine
    sujasmine
    Does anyone know about the series/novel of "only the ring finger knows"? I am confused. Is it a novel or series or is it both?
  2. Terrenea
    Terrenea
    The novel with the class reunion is called Cold Sleep, and contains 2 stories.

Only the Ring Finger Knows is both a manga; only 1 volume (haven't heard or seen/read any implications that there will be more), and novels; there are 3 volumes at the moment (even though we don't think it's all of them yet).

I am not sure the order which the series should follow.
    What do you mean?
  3. YAOILOVERTASH
    YAOILOVERTASH
    i loved Only the Ring Finger Knows, it has the best manga story and I read it over so many times and there are even boy's love novels that continue the story from the manga that I read and enjoyed as well. :3
  4. sujasmine
    sujasmine
    Terrenea, the series I am referring to is View Finder series. I have been reading manga from youtube, livevideo, dailymotion, and veoh. I am confused on the order which the view finder series should go. I just recently started to purchase the yaoi novels and manga. I only have a hand of full of them.
  5. Demeter
    Demeter
    @sujasmine: you are looking for the order of the VF volumes? Is that correct? I maybe can help you with that:
    1 - Finder No Hyouteki - You're My Love Prize in Viewfinder
    2 - Finder No Ori - You're My Love Prize In Binding Cage
    3 - Finder No Sekiyoku - You're My Love Prize Of One Wing
    4 - Finder No Ryoshuu
    There will definitely be a 5th volume, but not released yet... If you want the order of chapters inside each volume, just tell

As for me, I have a little question: has anyone read the 2 vol. novel series The Man Who Doesn't Take Off His Clothes by Narise Konohara & Yuki Shimizu? I'd like to buy some novels in English, but I'm not familiar at all with them, and well the only review I read wasn't very good, so I thought why not asking you after all? ^^ (the most important for me is the story of course, interesting or not, and the translation, I can't stand really cheap translations ^^;; ) Thank you very much! m(_ _)m
  6. makiyuki
    makiyuki
    @ Dem I have read both volumes and I liked it. The translation isn't awful; however it has some problems. Some things happen that are perhaps farfetched; however I grew to like both of the main characters. It isn't in the same catergory as Ai no Kusabi for quality.
  7. Demeter
    Demeter
    Thank you so much maki I'll maybe let myself be tempted then... Have you read other yaoi novels which would worth a try? (They are less expensive than the manga, and I want to try something new ^^)
  8. Terrenea
    Terrenea
    @Demeter/sujasmine; just a note: at the scanlation groups vol.2 is called "Kourou no Hana" and the following chapters after that "Naked Truth". At livejournal there are 2 communities that takes care of those scans..

But that list helped me as well, I wasn't certain what they're called in published form. ^^

("Only the Ring Finger Knows" and "Ai no Kusabi" are the best amongst the yaoi-novels according to me.)
  9. Demeter
    Demeter
    @Terrenea: Yes that's the chapters names
    - In VF1 (Finder No Hyouteki), there's 3 chapters featuring the VF characters (the 3 other ones are non related oneshots): You're my Love Prize in Viewfinder, Fixer and Embrace the Heat of the Night
    - In VF2 (Finder No Ori), there's Kourou No Hana (Flower on the High Loft) 1, 2, 3, 4 + Body chase
    - In VF3 (Finder No Sekiyoku), there's Naked Truth 1 to 5 + Love Prize I
    - In VF4 (Finder No Ryoshuu), there's Naked Truth (Hong Kong arc) 6 to 12 + Love Prize II
    The chapters published and scanlated right now will surely be in VF5.

I've only read the Only the Ring Finger Knows manga, and I wasn't a fan... I mean I liked it but found it was a pretty ordinary BL... I never quite understood the huge success this manga had, I maybe should re-read it >_< So if I wasn't a fan of the manga, do you think I should buy the novels, do you get something more by reading the novels? Thank you for your help ^__^
    Oh and I agree for Ai no Kusabi, it's the only novel I'm actually buying ^^
  10. Terrenea
    Terrenea
    @Demeter: The OtRFK-novels are quite good because you can follow what happens after the manga. In the 1st volume the manga part just covers about half (I think) of the story. But then again, I liked the manga, so I'm probably not the best person to ask about this..

Just a note for all newcomers, the yaoi-novels we've talked/know about are:

Ai no Kusabi (vol.2:out in March)
    Cold Sleep
    Don't Worry Mama
    Only the Ring Finger Knows (3 vol.)
    The Man Who Doesn't Take Off His Clothes (2 vol.)
    Any comments on these? Advices? Worth reading? Why/why not?

There should be another yaoi-novel out as well:

Little Darling
    Has anybody heard of it or read it? Comments?

There are also some upcoming novels, you can see these here:
    Juné Manga (novels)
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast