aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

TOPIC DISCUSSION: EVIL Transitions

1. Pervie Priestess
    Pervie Priestess
    Which do you prefer more, a villain turning a new leaf to become a good guy or a good guy going all EVIL bastard on ya?

Me myself, I prefer EVIL boys going good, maily because they have loads of unforgiveable experience that makes them very dark, mysterious and sexy. You know, that he needs love thing! *evil grin* I'd even say because of that very fact they would and could be deemed even better lovers. BUT... (you knew there would be one) there is always the exception to the rule, where a good guy does the "WTF!" left turn on ya.

Perfect example, Sousuke Aizen (the SG's icon, for those that don't know) from BLEACH! When he went bad, it was awe inspiring. Basically, because he was so sweet and unassuming that everyone's brains smashed into a million tiny pieces when we all found out how manipulative he was. The glasses came off, the hair was all sexy in the face and he was so effin' EVIL, that I loved him more after the transition. I damn near pissed myself at the first reveal of his EVIL elegance. Yeah, I'm admitting it! He was a true stunner in his transition.

Now, tell me what do you all think about this?
  2. MegaMaz
    MegaMaz
    I remember when Aizen did his reveal, omg wtf moment! Like seriously... Magnificent Bastard!

I was always of fan of Kabuto, from Naruto, also. Leaf Genin my ass! Better yet! He's still alive!! I think...his present state of mind is up to debate...

I also prefer bad guys going good, because of all the emotional baggage that they're left with. You just wanna go 'awww' and hug 'em to death... Like Gaara from Naruto, or Zabuza...despite his turn at being 'good' being so tragically shot...

Not an anime example, but Dinobot from Beast Wars. A Predacon, his views clashed too much with Megatron so he was booted...and then he challenged Primal for the right to be leader of the Maximals...he probably would have won, but interference from the Predacons made it so that Primal ended up saving them by not letting Dinobot fall to his death at the risk to his own.

Dinobot was then let to be a Maximal...with much culture clash occuring, but the way they get around his being an ex-Predacon had made me 'd'awwww' more than once. And laugh, but that's beside the point...

Light Yagami of Death Note has always fascinated me too...He would have turned out to be a great, influential person I think, who knew the law, and would have enacted his justice while following them, possibly even making them...but then he found the Death Note and became the man who we know today. What would Light have been, had he never found the Death Note? Still an evil sociopath? Or a good guy?

I've also always liked it when the people perceived as being the 'bad' guys are forced to work with the 'good' guys for the better of them both.

Transformers being an example. Megatron and Prime team-up. XD Among others that have been fodder for the Transformers Slash fandom...which does exist, much to my delight~!

Crocodile teaming up with Luffy in the recent manga arc of One Piece. Hell, yeah!!

Or how about the 'evil' guys, that aren't exactly evil, but just a part of the evil side? They're not exactly forced into being there but feel obligated out of some sort of debt or are bound by their own words? Or have a sense of honor or selfish pride that is out of place with the environment they've chosen?

Case in point, Starrk, whom I could never actually see as evil, despite being a Hollow. Reading the manga drove the point home, but I won't spoil it...

Grimmjow's another example. I can't see him as evil, dammit! He gets a certain sadistic glee from fighting, yeah. He's can be downright vicious and merciless...but at the same time he has that wierd sense of honor and it's like Because he's evil by necessity and pride, not by of some egotistical greed (Aizencough).

Alot of examples of this in One Piece, my fave being Mihawk. Who works for the gov't...but at the same time isn't evil. You get that swordsman spirit from him....

....oh wow, why am I ranting? I didn't mean to write this much!
  3. Ohjisama
    Ohjisama
    OMG I haven't been in this group for a long while and there is stuff here unlike last time I visited lol..
    Anyways I LOVE both of those they are both amazing if I had to pick I like the hero going crazy evil or just completely snaps in general. Some good examples would probably be Judai snapping going insane evil as Haou Judai for a few episodes it is a shame it didn't last long though. Also Malik turning into Marik really can't count this one for many reasons though mainly because Malik was evil to start with but not very much he cared about a lot of stuff, but once he turned into Marik he completely snapped went crazy insane masochist, sadist, and crazy everything. Also if you have seen the show he only one body but two personalities it is very hard to explain >.<... Oh there is also the moments of madness that happen to some heros that I love <3 like kagura snapped during the one Yato arc, also another good example of that is Kenshin he snapped a few times I think. I don't normally see heros or the good guys turning evil.. I wish there was more! I also liked the Aizen one but I'm not much of a fan of bleach so I never obsessed over it all that might.

As for the evil turning good there is tons more of this or at least from what I have run across. Crocodile, Mr 3, and tons of other one piece characters especially now at Marineford some of the Shichibukai are switching back and forth it seems lol. Also almost all the badies from History's strongest disciple Kenichi seem to turn good. For some reason this is all I could think of for now Dx! I will probably be slapping myself later for not realizing 10000 other characters like this lol
  4. Delmasca
    Delmasca
    Most defiantly I prefer good gone bad. How does the quote go? There is no scent so sweet as innocence tainted?

Evil gone good is somehow disappointing. It's almost like they've given in and become weak. But I suppose it depends on how we're talking. Just because a villain finds someone they can love or own doesn't make them good. I think Seshoumaru is a good example. He definitely has things that he cares about, but he's not going out of his way to fight evil.

As long as they live an existence that revolves around themselves. <3
  5. mermydgurl
    mermydgurl
    @Ohjisama: I totally know what you mean with the whole Malik/Marik thing. Malik wasn't really bad, he just didn't want to be a tombkeeper. (Marik was bad, but we can forgive him 'cuz he was just doing it for Malik. Even if he says he isn't) I think my favorite though, is Ryou Bakura. Ryou's evil side, Bakura is amazing. My favorite part is when he goes from evil to good when he tries to beat Marik. I can't decide if I want to go awww at that part or if I want to huggle Bakura. Sure, he can be an ass, but what can you expect from a thief?
  6. SugarKane
    SugarKane
    I definitely prefer a good person slowly decaying morally and becoming a darker character as the story progresses, its much more real. That being said I do like a good hero with a dark past, as long as they haven't turned into a total goodie-two-shoes (like Spike from Cowboy Bebop )
  7. jeun-chan
    jeun-chan
    To me it doesn't really matter which way they're going good>bad or bad>good. As long as the change is well done.
    Nothing sucks worse than a change of heart done badly. Like Nagato/Pein in Naruto. Change I don't mind, but not after a 15min spiel by the hero!