aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Charlotte aux Poires - Recipe (Cause I don't want BloodLustX to kill me!)

1. Kealyan
    Kealyan
    All Hail the French cakes!
    First Recipe
    "Charlotte aux Poires"
    Warning: You can make that cake either with a mousse or a custard! I'll write the recip for the two but you can also make them with another flavor like strawberry, lemon etc... and other fruits. I choose chocolate and pears cause it's so good!
    Ingredients (composants) for 6 persons.
    For the chocolate mousse:
    (Three hours minimum in the fridge! So do it the morning or the day before)
    200g of chocolate (dark or milk as you like ^^)
    6 eggs
    1 pinch of salt
    ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
    Preparation:
    Separate the eggs yolk and the eggs whites and add the pinch of salt to the white.
    Melt down the chocolate in a pan (low heat or it will burn and the scent will stay on the chocolate), add the 6 eggs yolk.
    Whip up eggs whites.
    SLOWLY incorporate the chocolate mix with the eggs whites until all the eggs whites aren't seen anymore. It's important to do it slowly or you will "break" the whites and your mousse won't be... fluffly and aired!Put it in the fridge for it to take.

For the chocolate custard:
    3 eggs yolk
    90g of sugar
    20g of cornflour
    30g of flour(or 50g of white flour it's a choice)
    1/2l of milk
    1 pinch of salt
    50g of chocolate
    ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
    For the Charlotte:
    30 Sponge fingers
    1 Can of pears in syrup (a big can)
    ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠
    Preparation:
    Boil the milk, add the chocolate and mix the two.In a separate bowl, mix both the sugar and the 3 eggs yolk until the mixture whitens.Add the cornflour, the flour and the salt to the mix you just did.Put back on low heat (fire) the chocolate and milk mix and add the second mix slowly while always stirring during 2 minutes. Remove the pan once the mixture coats the spoon, cover and let it cool down.(Either put it in the fridge always covered or jut let it on the table)

♠~~~~~~~~~~♠
    Preparation of the cake:
    Open the can of pears and separate the slice of pears and the syrup.
    KEEP the siryp in a plate you will need it!Soak each sponge fingers in the syrup and place them in a baking tin (all around: walls and flat part) . (You need to put them together tightly so the cake doesn't fall apart one you remove the baking tin.)Once the "outside" is done, coat the inside with either the mousse or the custard in a thin layer.Put the pears slices in and put another thin layer of mousse or custard.Add a layer of sponge fingers soak in syrup.Another layer of mousse or custard, pears slices etc (until nothing is left)Put the last sponge fingers soaked in syrup on top to finished the cake.Use some plastic wrap to seal the baking tin and turn it upside-down in a flat plat.Put it in the fridge, 3 hours minimum.Once the times is up, slowly remove the plastic wrap, remove the baking tin, decorate the top of the cake as you like and tada!!!Your Charlotte is ready to be eaten ^^Some Pics:Better us a "Charlotte" Baking in (Tupperware because you have a lid to put pressure and keep the cake together.
  2. BloodLustX
    BloodLustX
    Haha @Kealyan, I just realized that you were so dedicated to put in so much details of the recipe for me soon after that BvG conversation Hmm, are those sponge fingers store bought? Is it possible to make em from scratch? (Since I don't think I ever did see any of em in the supermarket nearby my house before D It'd definitely be a loooot of work though XD

This cake lookes more like a savory dish rather than a dessert but still...yummmmm
  3. Kealyan
    Kealyan
    You're welcome ^^ and to answer your questions, yes those sponge fingers are store bought but you can make them yourself. Here the recipe ^^

Sponge fingers:

50g of flour
    50g of sugar
    2 eggs

Preparation 30 minutes
    cooking: 7 minutes

Preheat the oven at 190°c (thermostat 6/7)
    Sieve(sift) the flour. Beat the eggs in a blender and add the sugar.
    Once the mixture thickens add it to the flour slowly.
    Put the mixture in a pastry bag with a head of 1cm and make pieces of dough the length of a finger on a baking tray oiled and floured.
    Sprinkle some sugar on top of them and put the baking tray in the oven for 7 or 8 minutes.
    Let the sponge fingers cool down so they can be crunchy once you eat them.

If you do the sponge fingers yourself then yes, it takes some time.