aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Have/would you ever tell your girlfriend? or lesbian friends about Yaoi love?

1. Kajiruki
    Kajiruki
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone have ever told their girlfriend or exs about liking yaoi and how they reacted!
    I never told my ex that I was in a long relationship with but I told a lesbian friend the other day (not that I liked yaoi specifically but that watching Brokeback Mountain made me blush haha..) She thought it was really odd, maybe a bit sick. But we were drunken so it was quite light-hearted.

Just wanna know if any of you have experienced something similar and what your stories are!
  2. ozakism
    ozakism
    I haven't told any ex-gfs about it, seen as I have never had a girlfriend before, lol, but my friends know, and they think it's a bit weird, even question if my lesbianism is "real" or not, but... I really don't care about that, honestly. Why can't I be a lesbian and yaoi lover? The fact that I think two guys together is cute really doesn't "challenge" my feelings for girls, you know, despite what people like to believe in their close-minded little world. There are no absolute truths when it comes to things like this, or anything, really, they are just silly stereotypes. I.e. that lesbians must have more guy friends than girl friends when growing up (I have always had more girl friends than guy friends), or that if you are feminine, you have to be attracted to butches and vice versa, since "one of you has to be the guy in the relationship", as many of my friends have said. Ehm, now I'm just babbling, but yeah... my point being, hehe. XD
  3. YuriYaoilover
    YuriYaoilover
    I've told my ex when we were dating, and she kind of just laughed it off. She enjoyed anime but yaoi didn't seem to be her thing. All my close friends know of my addiction though, lol. None of my friends had a problem with it, but I don't have another lesbian friend so I'm not sure how another would take it. I don't see what the big deal is with liking yaoi, its all love to me. But its their loss if they don't like it.
  4. daisukixdesu
    daisukixdesu
    Actually my girlfriend right now is as much of a yaoi fanatic as I am. xD It's actually a lot of fun sharing doujinshi and roleplaying yaoi couples together. owo;
    I haven't had too many exes but it seems like I tend to pick girlfriends/friends who like that type of thing or at least people who accept it. xD Yaoi is too much a part of my life for me to hide it, especially from a girlfriend. ^^;
  5. daisukixdesu
    daisukixdesu
    @ozakism Yeahhh I always worry that people will think that I don't like girls when I tell them I like yaoi. People always like stereotyping lesbians. =_= I agree that we've probably all heard "who's the guy and who's the girl in the relationship"?
    Though I admit even my girlfriend and I use the terms seme and uke for ourselves.
    *shrugs* But whatever. Yaoi love is gay love therefore I like it. =P People need to get over it.
  6. PervertPrince
    PervertPrince
    I've never had a girlfriend before and I've never told anyone in real life that I like yaoi. Mostly because I think they won't believe I'm really lez or something but, honestly, the thought of just even kissing a guy makes my stomach churn >.<
    It's strange but I've seen two real life guys kiss before and it did nothing for me but whenever I see two anime ones doing things I go 'Booyah!'
    I dunno...I think I might just have a cartoon fetish XD
  7. MissArielMarie
    MissArielMarie
    I've never told a girlfriend. I know two people who know, but it wasn't like a confession. It just came up in conversation. In one of those I found out a male friend of mine liked Yuri, so it just made it all the better, as he had always seemed to be interested in just general anime and manga.
  8. daisukixdesu
    daisukixdesu
    @PervertPrince Yeah I agree with you. xD It's weird how guys in real life do nothing for me and then anime yaoi does. owo;; I don't understand. Sexuality is complicated I guess.
  9. MadxxxHatter
    MadxxxHatter
    I wouldn't hesitate to tell a girlfriend... I'd expect them to be open minded and if they're not that's their problem XD My ex's were bi and like yaoi anyway.
  10. PervertPrince
    PervertPrince
    @daisukixdesu Woohoo! I'm not the only one XD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast