aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help?

DaiLoL

Question Help?

Ok, so I right click and save as and blah, blah, blah... When I try to open my saved file, any program I use says that the file type is not supported! Are there any special downloads that I should update my computer with? I believe I am up to date with all of my downloads, but it just won't play~

It says that it might not support the Codec... Thing is, I'm not quite sure what that means... Please forgive my stupidity and help me out?

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Renji (L6)Havoc (L9)

Hmm...first off, you could tell us what format the file is in. Maybe none of the programs you have support the file, but maybe another one does.

Codecs are another story. I'm assuming you're talking about an audio or video file(?). "Codec" is a technical name for "compression/decompression". It also stands for "compressor/decompressor" and "code/decode". All of these variations mean the same thing: a codec is a computer program that both shrinks large movie files, and makes them playable on your computer. Codec programs are required for your media player to play your downloaded music and movies.

So if the file format is not supported by your computer, and you don't feel like downloading a program just for this file, you download a codec pack. They're extremely covenient.

DaiLoL
    I see. The file I'm trying to download is Boku no Pico OVA 3 (if that helps any @~@)

Where would I download a Codec pack, or do you have any suggestions for any other downloads I may need?

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Renji (L6)Havoc (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by DaiLoL View Post
    I see. The file I'm trying to download is Boku no Pico OVA 3 (if that helps any @~@)

Where would I download a Codec pack, or do you have any suggestions for any other downloads I may need?
    Okay...Boku no Piko OVA is an animation. If it was .avi, your computer would probably have no trouble opening it, so I'm assuming MP4 or maybe even RMVB.

If you want to download ths awesome media player that plays like every format EVER, click: here.

If you want to download the codecs and learn more about them, click: here.

Tell me if it works out.

DaiLoL
    That's a bit confusing.. Not your incredibly helpful links, the fact that the file is, in fact, a .avi file...

I've downloaded that super-cool and awesomly helpful media player you suggested and now the question is, how to get the file in there? I've also downloaded the second of the Codec packs.
    Last edited by DaiLoL; 10-22-2008 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Spellin/grammar errors

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Renji (L6)Havoc (L9)

Quote Originally Posted by DaiLoL View Post
    That's a bit confusing.. Not your incredibly helpful links, the fact that the file is, in fact, a .avi file...

I've downloaded that super-cool and awesomly helpful media player you suggested and now the question is, how to get the file in there? I've also downloaded the second of the Codec packs.
    Well, after you install the program-The KMPlayer-you just right click, select open file, and choose the file. Or you can just drag and drop it on the screen of the program.

And that's a good choice. I myself use the K-Lite codec pack.

Let me know how it works out! :P

DaiLoL
    Guh! This is annoying~ It continuously gives my this:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=eb281y&s=4

(This is an image Print Screened after scrolling down in the info a little.)

Do I have to restart my computer after downloading the Codec or something?

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Renji (L6)Havoc (L9)

Hmm...that's funny. The KMPlayer usually will only show that message when there is an error in the file. For instance, I'll get that if the file isn't complete(when it didn't download completely). You sure you're file is ok?

DaiLoL
    I'm pretty sure it's complete. I got the torrent file straight off of here:
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f53/t6...ia_bt_---.html

Any Trouble shooting I could do to check it out?

Yaoi Legend
    Savings

Pray for JapanTsuna (L10)Ginshu (L10)
    Bonten (L10)Wolfram (L10)Wolfram (L8)
    Wolfram (L1)Ciel (L9)Ciel (L5)

If it's a torrent file then you need a torrent client. The extention is .torrent, right? I think I can see it in that screenshot picture you posted.
    http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question...8021536AAcik9z
    Last edited by simplyme; 10-22-2008 at 09:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast