aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

LKK
    Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Gilbert (L3)

Question How to capture sound from avi files?

I have an anime in avi format that I want to capture the opening & ending music into mp3 files so that I can listen to the music without playing the episode. Any suggestions on how to do this? (I'm clueless.)

If it helps, I have these software programs already: Windows Media 10, Real Player Basic v10, VLC Media 8.5, WinDVD 6.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Sora (L1)Conrad (L3)Ritsuka (L4)
    I know a program which can capture music. It's VirtualDub. However, the music is on .wav but , there's maybe a program which can change the wav to mp3.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

VDubMod will demux as the sound that the original file is
    http://bag.hotmail.ru/vdubmod/vdubmod.dhtml

LKK
    Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Gilbert (L3)
    Thanks guys! I'll look into your suggestions.

Navy.RavenLacra
    Hmm - you could always just use windows movie editor, because it's most likely built into your computer.

When you open the program, either drag and drop or locate the video, on the bottom left area, select 'View as Timeline' - then remove all the video, and select just the audio you want. When you have the audio you can save it as a WMV (windows media video or audio file) and then you can use a converter to change it to MP3. I know what I've said is vauge, but uhm... heh.

May I ask which song from which anime?

postadariutza
    hi!

i use total recorder to capture sounds from videos or to split mp3 files. you can basically record whatever 'you can hear' (you actually have that setting so...anything you hear from your computer you can record) ; you can save in a lot of formats (at least i can O_o ) , and it's pretty fast... here's a link if you are interested: http://www.highcriteria.com/
    that's the official site...

ohh and you can also request the songs on this forum i think XD maybe someone has them and can upload them for you! good luck!

LKK
    Yaoi Devotee
    Savings

Gilbert (L3)
    Thanks for the link. I'll look into that. I found the specific OP & ED I was looking for. So I don't need to make mp3 files right away. But I still want to be able to do that in the future. I will definitely investigate the link you gave me.