aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

DS_001_leftNoiz (L6)DS_001_right
    (S030) VirusHeart 1 (Red)Trip (L8)
    Aoba (L2)(S051) Luciel Godot (L9)

Cause of RAR Problem???

Ah...I post my thread in right forum or not?(if wrong forum, forgive me plz)

Well, I don't know why some files that I installed often corrupt and damaged with RAR and ZiP

I have a lot of corrupt files (and I can't do anything), I think I must download all again.
    But I afraid to get corrupt file (I don't want rotten files return T-T).

I want to know the cause of this problem(for safe my time that will waste to dl rotten file T-T..).

Thx~♥

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Tetsuya (L5)WishDaisuke (L10)
    Sanosuke (L1)Conrad (L4)Tatsumi YnM (L6)
    Tsuzuki (L8)(S003) Lelouch
    A common reason for corrupt .rar or .zip files is that the download is not complete. 99% of the time, the problem can be fixed simply by downloading the file again. This problem is really common if you are downloading more than 1 file at time--often some of the files will not download completely but your browser download manager will register that it is.

Another problem with some of these files is that earlier versions of .rar and .zip does not support Japanese language (particularly zip). In these caess, renaming is in order.

The other possibility is that the file is compressed badly. These are the problems with the error messages that say something like "CRC does not match"... Thankfully, these problems can sometimes be fixed without redownloading ^^ You will need a more powerful zip/rar tool like Tugzip which allows you to extract damaged files ^^ After you extract it, recompress it so that you get a fixed archive.

OK--I'll stop ranting just after this one last point~~ To avoid problems with stuff like this in the problem, I recommend that you test the file right after downloading. For Winzip, use ctrl+t; for winrar, use the "Test" button at the top. Let the program check the file for errors~~

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

I think my main reason for corrupt file is downloading more than one.
    I download 2-3 files in the same time.

Are burning CD,surfing the internet or installing other while download file also cause of corrupt files?

Thank you very much~♥
    Last edited by St_Migael; 10-18-2006 at 01:20 AM.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

...probably ^^

I usually run into download problems when I try go grab 3-4 files at a time ^^;;

Try limiting your downloads to 1-2 --that seem to solve my problem. Check files after download to make sure they're complete before burning them.

YaoiHazard
    What's CRC???

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Fay~ View Post
    The other possibility is that the file is compressed badly. These are the problems with the error messages that say something like "CRC does not match"... Thankfully, these problems can sometimes be fixed without redownloading ^^ You will need a more powerful zip/rar tool like Tugzip which allows you to extract damaged files ^^ After you extract it, recompress it so that you get a fixed archive.
    Ah...excuse me again, I try to do. I extract the damaged file and recompress it, then I extract it again. And burn the Image file into CD, But It's not pretty well.(As usual I can't play game.)

Did I do somethings wrong?
    Last edited by St_Migael; 10-19-2006 at 07:59 AM.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

CRC = a code assigned to a compressed file which matches the file size of the original file and the uncompressed file size of the comopressed file in the archive

The thing is that you can get away with poorly compressed files for things like audio files or video files--where playback is possible at 97-99% completion. However, if you are talking about game files where a program cannot run if it is not 100% complete, extracting an incomplete file and then installing it will likely not work. I think you will have to redownload the game install file in order to have it work properly.

Having said that, a game file may not work for a number of other reasons--like copyright protection (some files are copyright protected such that a rip is not possible), or language settings are not done so that the program cannot run.