aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gojyogrl

[Solved] BT for Mac

Hello, I'm new to the whole BitTorrent field. I have a G4 mac with OS10.2. I've downloaded Tomato Torrent, but am stuck on how to proceed. I was trying to download Loveless episodes, but my computer says it can't read the file or figure out the application to use. Or it downloads the .avi file to my desktop as a 13kb file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Yukihito (L1)
    ok it's sounds like you've only downnload the torrent file
    you need a client such as bitcomet
    hxxp://www.bitcomet.com
    or bittornado or such
    then you need to open the torrent file once you've installed and opened up the client and the download will begin
    for more info
    hxxp://www.bittorrent.com/FAQ.html
    change hxx to htt
    pm me if you need more help!

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    I guess our newcommer said she needs a bittorrent for MACOS. I have a friend who has a MAC, I'll ask him as soon as he's online.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

If you can't find a Mac based BT client, grab Opera Beta Pre-release 8.0.2 web browser, it has built-in BitTorrent Support, and it browses teh internet. Or, get teh X Window system off of your OSX Install CD, and downlaod a Linux BT Client.

gojyogrl
    I obviously must be an idiot, because nothing seems to work. Bitcomet and Bittornado are for Windows, and I'm not sure they will work (or I'm doing something wrong; wouldn't be surprising.) I downloaded Bittornado, or what I thought it was, but all I get are files of .py and things I can't open on my Mac.
    For the person who suggested Opera, I can't even find it on the Web.
    Any other suggestions for this extremely frustrated person would be most appreciated. Thanks

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Rukawa (L8)Riku (L8)Haruka Nanase (L4)
    Jack Frost (L9)Yue (L9)Usami Akihiko (L9)
    Noctis Lucis Caelum (L9)(S040) Ryouma(S041) Izumi
    Well, i really dont know if this can help you, because i dont have a mac, but i find this site

hxxp://www.bitsonwheels.com/

it seems to be a bittorrent client %100 for macintosh.
    Hope it help you
    Bye!

irrion
    I am on an iMac G5 running OS X 10.4.2, and I tried several Bit Torrent clients before finally going with Bits on Wheels. The others, including the official client, and Tomato Torrent, seemed to be a bit unstable on my machine (though I'm not sure if it's just because I have Tiger.) Anyway, check it out, I have been very satisfied with it:

hxxp://www.bitsonwheels.com/

I hope this helps!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Yukihito (L1)
    it seems that if you download Mac OS X 10.3 or higher you can use BitComet and so on....sorry i did't notice that part
    have you tried azureus? apparently that one works
    here's a thread that i found:
    hxxp://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/8300945231/m/753002814731/r/759003814731

irrion, bittorrent doesn't work that well for 10.4.2 but it works well for 10.3 according to this:
    hxxp://www.macworld.com/news/2005/04/01/bittorrent/index.php
    Last edited by ishtar; 08-03-2005 at 09:43 AM.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Honey (L2)Sasuke (L1)Naruto (L1)
    I hope your able to find something that works for you gojyogrl...I know there were some really great suggestions, but I didn't see this...Its from a really good BT Faq page: 'Brian's BitTorrent FAQ and Guide'

hxxp://btfaq.com/serve/cache/10.html

I would suggest taking a look. It deals directly with the Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar) model you have...so this might have something your interested in. *winks* It also has a lot of other bittorrent related info to help you out...with setting it up and so forth. Hope this help!

gojyogrl
    Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. I found a codec and BitTorrent client that will work on my Mac. Now it's just having the patience to get all the episodes of LOVELESS. Thanks again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast