aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Question Make me a computer pwease

Hello everyone!

I'm planning on making my own animations and short videos as a portfolio to companies and as my enjoyment. Amongst other uses this is the most important part. I'm not familiar with PC parts so id like to ask for some help.
    The parts needs to be purchaseable in Europe.

The next porograms are what will be used: (Not at once of course )
    All Adobe programs except the ones for creating documents.
    All Autodesk programs and AutoCad
    Mangastudio
    Toon Boom
    Anime Studio Pro
    Bryce
    Cinema 4D
    Retas Studio
    TVPaint

Also Id like to play some games: Tera, Blade&Soul, Dragons Prophet, Archeage, Defiance

One of my colleges offered this answer:
    Processor: Intel Core i5-7400
    Base Board: Gigabyte B250-HD3P
    VideoCard: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 D5 2G
    System Mamory: Crucial 16GB DDR4 2400MHz
    SSD: 12GB
    Hard Drive: WD Purple 2TB
    PC power supply: Zalman ZM600-LX
    PC House: Zalman Z9 Plus

I dont want an expensive one, but id like it to be a good strong machine i can use for a long time. 955 Euro is my Budget, but it would be helpful to not use it all

Thank you for the help. After I finish some videos with the new machine i will put it up as a thank you gift
    Last edited by Toshitsuki; 03-07-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    Hi-there...I'm not much for the more "modern" laptops or desktops..I make do with my WinXP for an operating system..but soon plan to have a 2nd desktop running Win7....I do encode/rip my own anime video(from my collection of bought dvds and such..look in the forum you'll find a few)

The only real help I can give you is ::
    00-Get a mondo boss gaming case..has a lot of room for extras...try a metal mesh type keeps things very cool !
    1-Always-Always back-up your files(both to dvd/bluray data discs ,,external hard drive).
    2-Only work from copies of your originals,that way anything goes horribly wrong you only lose the copy.
    3-You never have enough external hard drives !
    4-Enjoy doing the work,,if not it will be hard to stay focused and you will tend to make more work for yourself by making many mistakes.

make sure your operating system and your programs "like" each other..and have installed a good codex pack,,I use K-lite mega,but you can use most any you prefer)
    If your going to add subtitles get a good subtitle editor ..like Ageus ..it comes as a portable so no install..big learning curve to it,,but worth the effort.(I use vobsub to grab my dvd sub titles then convert them to ass/srt or leave them as that..)

...Other than that...Enjoy the Adventure!!

Also because you'll be needing a "work-horse" type of machine I'd recommend An AMD processor,only because I find intel tend to over heat fast...and get as many fans as you can in it....also..if you can get a large power source to run your machine...it helps....

EDIT ...the Vobsub rips the subs from your dvd...might also work on Blu-ray not sure my comp does not have a drive for that ...you then take the resulting files .ixd and sub.. use any subtitle editing software to make a file to add to your videos ..if you want subs that are styled ,,please use an editor that can change your fonts/colors ... Aegis sub does a good job of it,,,learning curve is high for it though...a simple srt can be done in notepad++ or any text editor...you'll see what I mean once you get started....
    Last edited by lemur7; 03-10-2018 at 02:55 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks! \(^w^)/ This too helps a lot from my point of view. The beginning is always hard . . .

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Paul (L9)Chigusa Senroh (L5)Dorian Pavus (L9)
    Jonathan (L9)Rakan Sawa (L5)Cullen Rutherford (L6)
    Jomy (L9)Natsume (L1)Sai (L3)
    two things: If you need good performance you'll probably want an I7 processor instead of an I5 (though this depends on the version of course) Also: not sure what you would ever do with a 12gig ssd.....
    You want torun you windows from the ssd, I'd recommend at least 100 GB, they aren't that expensive anymore nowadays!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Have a look at the Thinkstation S30 and D30 on ebay. Can usually find em with up to 32GB ram and a 4/6/8 core Xeon(s). Would just need to get a better gpu. Can usually find em for ~350-400 euros. If those apps need core frequency / core count then your college is right on par. With a larger SSD of course.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

You might have already made your PC by now but I recommend Tom's Hardware's forums if you haven't yet. They have a section just for people who want suggestions on PC builds and you can give them your budget as well. There are a lot of knowledgeable people there. They also put out an annual list that goes by budget points ex. $500, $750, etc.