aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Expert
    Savings

Midoriya Izuku (L3)Heart 5 (Red)Bakugou (L3)
    Nicolas Brown (L9)Heart 4 (Icy)Alex Benedetto (L8)
    Luffy (L9)Heart 2 (Red)Zoro (L10)

Windows 10 glitch?

Has anyone else been prompted to update to windows 10 yet? And is anyone else experiencing weird glitches? For me, my mouse curser continuously has that "blue loading circle" on it, like my computer is constantly loading (even when it isn't) and whenever I have my internet browser open it keeps blinking over and over. Also, when I play a movie full screen (using splashlight) my taskbar will blink on and off and over the movie. Can I uninstall 10 or is there a way to fix this that anyone here knows of? (I've posted in a few other tech forums, too.) Also, I have googled and haven't really found much explination yet.

Yaoi Devotee

Savings

Victor Nikiforov (L10)DS_004_midYuri Katsuki (L10)
    Yuri Plisetsky (L9)DS_004_rightOtabek Altin (L9)
    (S075) Cloud StrifeDS_006_leftJin (L8)

Since Win10 is so new I doubt you will be helped by users at this point. Only thing you can do is let Windows know about this, write on their forum and be loud about the problems, and hopefully that will make them react and fix it/help you.

Here is how you can uninstall it: How to Uninstall Windows 10 and Downgrade to Windows 7 or 8.1

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

I had some of these glitches when I first installed 10 but now they're mostly gone "blue loading circle" stopped after 2 days shutting down the computer at night. Although I still have a couple glitches the computer shuts itself off for no reason every now and then The fan is contently coming on it almost never came on in 8.1 They say an update is coming this month hopefully it fixes these bugs.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

on the rooftop of Namimori Middle School with my husband
    Savings

Hibari (L1)Hibari (L8)Hibari (L3)
    Hibari (L7)Hibari (L10)Hibari (L4)
    Hibari (L6)Kurosawa (L4)Adachi (L4)

Running Windows 7 and refusing to update to Windows 10... unfortunately whenever there's a huge update, I'm expecting lots of little bugs like this... I still have some kinks with Windows 7 that have never been resolved. Hopefully things will only get better as they update/patch it!

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S085) Joshua GallandPOTM - 1 Star(S084) Coyote
    Star 1 (Yellow)(S089) Ogasawara Jirou(S088) Hirano Taiga
    Kazuki (L7)Rei (L7)Star 1 (Silver)

Holy crap, there's W10 now?! Where's W9 in all this... I don't think I'll update my 8.1. xD It didn't even ask me to update it so.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

MakkachinKusaka (L7)Akizuki (L6)
    Hei (L7)Raoul (L8)Katze (L4)
    Iason (L4)Riki (L4)Taki (L2)
    If you didn't put in a reservation for the free upgrade of Win 10, it won't automatically offer it as an update. But even if you didn't reserve it you can get it if you want it. I'm one not to turn down free software, especially an upgrade of an operating system...it's important to keep those updated for security reasons if nothing else.... when I heard that win 7 was going to be eventually no longer supported by Microsoft in future. I upgraded to 10 from win 7 over the weekend and although I haven't had a chance to go over everything so far, I did notice some very odd things. I have a black screen (sort of like the terminal/MS DOS screen) that pops up every now and then that is beyond annoying and I also noticed that my laptop no longer recognizes any of my external drives, and that to me is the biggest bugaboo; considering the lion's share of all my blog files happen to be on this one drive.....

So, I'm sure I'll ferret out more issues as I go through it. I have it installed on my Win laptop, which is the only personal Windows machine I have right now. Today, I'm trying to restore my AnK curation and archiving and restoring all my work for my fan blog....blah! I'll check out Win 10 more when I have a chance but I don't think it's all that what MS says....I drank the Apple Kool-Aid a LONG time ago.

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Dids View Post
    Holy crap, there's W10 now?! Where's W9 in all this... I don't think I'll update my 8.1. xD It didn't even ask me to update it so.

Currently using 8.1 and got offered an upgrade to 10. started with the download but then just got a windows update error. i'll probably just stay with 8.1. XD

Extreme Yaoi Guru

on the rooftop of Namimori Middle School with my husband
    Savings

Hibari (L1)Hibari (L8)Hibari (L3)
    Hibari (L7)Hibari (L10)Hibari (L4)
    Hibari (L6)Kurosawa (L4)Adachi (L4)

lol damn it... one month after my last post... I bought a new PC and I've been using Win 10. =T Not too bad...... took some getting used to, but meh. My only issue is that now every time I boot up, it keeps telling me how to set my default apps. I'm like OK. I get it. I get it. Go away.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

The Way to Restore Your Previous Windows

Hi, maybe this is a bit too late, but I still want to share my piece of ideas and wish this could help you + others in future. In Windows system, there seems no way to restore to previous Windows, while we can use utility software to deal with it.

I just used a good freeware - Windows back up software, which only needs a few steps to backup any Windows system. Once we don't want a later version Windows, it helps us restore the previous environment with its backup. Before update, back up or clone Winodows and important files with it. Then troubles won't be troubles.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yes, after i updated my windows 7 operating system to windows 10 DVDs cannot be played anymore and later i was acknowledged that Microsoft has canceled the function of media player on win 10. I used a software named how to play dvds on windows 10 and successfully, i the blue -ray dvds got played again. While what upsets me is the price, around 20 dollars, a little bit expensive for me, a student without no income.