aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Miisu (L6)X Classic Italics (Black)Kuro (L6)
    Sebastian (L8)X Classic Italics (Black)Ciel (L9)
    (S021) RikiHeart 1 (Blue)Pray for Japan

New Noise from my laptop

Today I was cleaning my laptop with an air compressor to clean the vents and dust my keyboard while EVERYTHING is turned off and unplugged. Then once I turned on my laptop the fan was making a new noise that I never heard of although its not overheating and I can turn on my laptop normally. Plus I didn't see any failure notices on my laptop. But this noise is so much louder than last time and it sounds kinda high pitch.

Here is a video to judge for yourself:
    Laptop weird noise - YouTube

Is this a warning sign for my fan to fail or is it like that after I cleaned it? I've had this laptop for about 3 years now and its a Compaq Notebook Presario CQ-60 215-DX

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Looks like a dirty fan to me. It should get better after a little cleaning.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa Katagiri View Post
    Looks like a dirty fan to me. It should get better after a little cleaning.
    Even though i already did so? Maybe i sprayed it wrong... can the noise get worse if you sprayed it incorrectly?

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    No, maybe it's finishing its life or there are some dust inside it. You should open it and clean with a toothbrush. If you are not sure how to do it, ask a pro to do that.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

When my fans started to make loud noise the tech advised me to buy new ones because the high noise means the fan is about to die. If a fan dies with the computer on the computer can burn. Fans are very cheap so I just bought 3 new fans (2 for processors and 1 for my graphic card) and solved the problem before something worst happens.

Yaoi Addict
    Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Kakashi (L10)Wing 1 (Right)
    Soubi (L9)Heart 1 (Red)Ritsuka (L7)
    Sebastian (L8)Kakashi (L6)Gaara (L3)
    yep ppl From above are right
    either way there's still dust in there.(that's really 1% chance since u cleaned it.)
    OR!!!!!! get new fans..
    asap.Unless u want a new laptop sooner or later !

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Okay here is the funny thing, I just went to Geek Squad today and they said that the fan is running normal from what he heard when he placed his ear next to it (although it still sound like me getting on a running airplane). So it might be the dust that's near the spinning wheel and I have to dissembled it to get it out or it might be something near the fan that is causing the noise.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

>Geek Squad

Geek Squad sucks.
    If you want to check the temperatures download Speccie which is free, you can always post a screenie.
    If the temps are low on idle then obviously it seems like the fan is working, but if you do some heavier stuff like playing a game or multiple/heavy processes then it is better to see if it causes trouble.

The noise is odd, it is however a low performance laptop and 3 years old so it could be a fan failing.
    When things sound like a jet engine you'd think the processes are putting heavy pressure but in this case if it is just browsing I would worry about a broken fan. Or maybe slightly lose.

The confusing part of the video is that you hold the camera next to the laptop of course you hear it then with the mic reception and from a distance I hardly heard anything.

You could maybe try reopening to see if it is in there alright and not that it moved when you closed the laptop the previous time.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by KarumA View Post
    >Geek Squad

Geek Squad sucks.
    If you want to check the temperatures download Speccie which is free, you can always post a screenie.
    If the temps are low on idle then obviously it seems like the fan is working, but if you do some heavier stuff like playing a game or multiple/heavy processes then it is better to see if it causes trouble.

The noise is odd, it is however a low performance laptop and 3 years old so it could be a fan failing.
    When things sound like a jet engine you'd think the processes are putting heavy pressure but in this case if it is just browsing I would worry about a broken fan. Or maybe slightly lose.

The confusing part of the video is that you hold the camera next to the laptop of course you hear it then with the mic reception and from a distance I hardly heard anything.

You could maybe try reopening to see if it is in there alright and not that it moved when you closed the laptop the previous time.
    It hasn't heated or anything, but I do consider getting a new fan, but I'm too scared to disassembled the laptop and actually broke something X_X

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    sorry for such a very late reply ...most likely you already have your problem solved by now ...
    I can tell you with out a doubt ...its a fan noise .....the cause most likely a heat problem from an
    side your lappy dust build up and good pro-cleaning and you should be fine....
    yes you can "crack" your own case and air clean it.....but if your not a brave person ....leave to a pro

I myself have just had this problem ...saddly I did not catch the problem quickly enough and need to replace two
    components on the motherboard because of it plus the fan(just to make sure it did not fail after all the other was fixed)

hope this got to you in time ....