aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

LichiAizen Sousuke Hōgyoku (L9)Sadaharu
    ToothlessNanami Yasuri (L7)Totoro
    (S028) Fushimi SaruhikoMihawk (L3)Hawkeye (L9)

CDisplayEx trouble

I just downloaded the newest version of CDisplayEx. I can read .cbr comics perfectly fine with it.
    But when I want to read my manga it only loads the picture I clicked on. I can't go the next page without having to manually click on it in the folder.
    How do I configure the program in allowing me to read my manga normally?

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

You have manga in crb extension or are they lose jpeg files.
    CDisplay and cbr files only work as bundles comicbooks if you merge them which is easy; basically have the load of jpeg or png images, merge them to a .rar and then rename the extension from .rar to .cbz, make sure the pages are properly labelled as file name.
    In order to change extensions make sure you have it enabled in the folder options.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Thank you for your quick reply!
    They're all lose jpeg files. Does this mean I have to change all files from .rar to .cbr for it to work?
    If so is there another program I can use to view the manga without having to do anything to the file? I've got far to many folders to switch them all for easy viewing in CDisplay.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Quote Originally Posted by jeun-chan View Post
    Thank you for your quick reply!
    They're all lose jpeg files. Does this mean I have to change all files from .rar to .cbr for it to work?
    If so is there another program I can use to view the manga without having to do anything to the file? I've got far to many folders to switch them all for easy viewing in CDisplay.
    Well normally; and this is how I use it, you already download the whole chapter in one file. This is a usual format for the normal comicbooks you get things like chapter01.cbz
    Manga you usually download as a .rar or a .zip and then unpack, however the program does not open lose files because it will read them then one at a time; if you want to read them on end then you need to bundle them; this is what a .cbz basically is; a collection of .jpg files.
    Now if you have the unpacked .rar chapters you can simply rename their extension from example chapter01.rar -> chapter01.cbz and then the program can automatically open the file and sort out the contents (so you can skip pages etc.).

Why do you use comic viewer on lose .jpg files anyway to read manga (It isn't meant to open lose images at all normally). Most people settle with the usual standard viewer. You ahve Manga Reader but I hardly read manga so I really don't know what to use for it since the comics I read are always released as .cbz and never as lose files.

Anyway if you still wonder how to use Comic Viewer..
    1. Turn on file extension in the folder options -> How to Turn on File Extensions in Windows 7 – PCSnippets.com

Normally if you download manga they are already in a .rar or .zip if you have them like this still then proceed to step 4.
    If you have the lose .jpg files only proceed to step 2.

2. Make sure you have a program to unpack or build .rar files such as Winrar

3. Build the .rar file fromt he folder that has the images directly in them. With winrar right click and press Add to <folder name>.

4. right click this made .rar file and rename it

5. change the .rar to .cbz press ok etc etc

6. Now you can open it with Comicviewer and it will automatically sort the pages and allow you to skip back forth etc.

I never quite got why marvel, dc etc. scans were always standard .cbz while the manga still uses .rar etc.
    It seems to be a westerners thing or something.
    Anyway that is the way Comic Viewer is supposed to be used, it isn't meant to be used to view one image at a time.
    The sole purpose for the program is to keep your files organized and not having to hassle with a ton of lose .jpg files in lose folders. Like an Ebook; 1 file, multiple pages are inside it.
    Last edited by KarumA; 02-05-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by KarumA View Post
    Why do you use comic viewer on lose .jpg files anyway to read manga (It isn't meant to open lose images at all normally). Most people settle with the usual standard viewer. You ahve Manga Reader but I hardly read manga so I really don't know what to use for it since the comics I read are always released as .cbz and never as lose files.
    I used to have a different program, but then my pc crashed and now I can't remember what that program was. It just let me read all my manga and I could change some settings to make it easier. CDisplay doesn't allow me to do anything but look at one page at a time. Frankly i'm making do with windows viewer and that's just annoying.
    Is there any progrgam I could use that just lets me read manga without having to do anything about the file names? I have way to much files to rename otherwise.