aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Lover

Savings

DS_001_leftAce (L10)DS_001_right
    (S077) Yashiro (chibi)#2(S078) Doumeki (chibi)
    (Event) Forum - Ryouma(Event) Forum - KiseMurasakibara (L7)

Computer/laptop geeks?

Well its mostly a laptop problem. I'm having fan problems. I have a HP G 70 laptop ( runs on windows 7 if that matters). When i log on my laptop the fan is on low and quite but when i start moving my mouse the fan starts to get loud (I mean really loud that i have to turn up my volume 50% more so i can hear anything) and hot when i do absolutely nothing i didn't even open anything or run any programs. & it just stays like that until i shut down.
    I've already cleared my memory about 250/320
    have a laptop cooler does nothing
    Leave about an inch and a half for air flow
    Not a spec of dust clogging the fan
    Checked the task manager- CPU usage is low to none and memory usage is low except for using chrome which is about 10,000 to 60,000K
    have done a virus check
    done diagnostic - nothing
    I downloaded a software called speedfan to control the fan speed ect. it cools it down but the speed of the fan does not change.

I'm usually a computer geek but im totally stumped

My brother a told me to clean and reboot the hard disk which is a pain in the butt.
    Can anyone fix or give me suggestions about my problem?

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Spacer 1Laguna (L6)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Pray for JapanSpacer 1
    Spacer 1(S001) Endo(S002) Misaki
    Something like that sound internal to me, nothing to do with the software. At worse your looking at an issue with your mobo. You really need to have someone that can open it up and look at it to know for sure.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Speedfan usually gives you temps of parts as well, is there anything specific running hot?
    You could give Speccy a go.
    My first thought would be dust, there can also be dust in the fan not just at the airflow bit.
    Second thought would be overheating which brings me back to n.o. 1.
    It shouldn't be a mobo problem, you would be getting all kinds of different signs then.
    Check what part is getting overheated, make sure to clean properly from all dust, make sure airflow is not being blocked (placing your laptop on fluffy carpets and pillows is a no-no). Could be that the fan is clogged, which I might think is the case here.
    If you have warranty let them clean it up inside, you could try compressed air but with laptops it might not get the space needed. I do think it is clogged.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    if you just start your lappy and the fan starts to run sounds like it could a case of internal dust build up,get it serviced and see if you still have the same problem ....after that run your lappy on a cooling stand and add to one side a small usb fan(can be used with an adapter to be run on regular household power...just plug it in a socket...I use that)....

could also be that you processor needs a better heat sink on it....(had this happen on a friends lappy...)(was a mild "gamer" )at worst could be your processor is beginning to fail...if fairly new you most likely may get HP to fix it for free ....faulty parts issue type thing

was this happening before windows 7 ?

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Yuri Katsuki (L7)X Standard (Black)Victor Nikiforov (L7)
    Lan WangJi / Lan Zhan (L6)X Standard (Black)Wei WuXian / Wei Ying (L8)
    (S082) Hiyakawa RihitoDS_004_mid(S083) Mikado Kousuke
    When was the last time you cleaned your fan?

If the fan is dusty, it shutting down is like people fainting. I had that with my old Acer lappy, so cheack the fan and clean with a air duster if you can get a can of it or take the back off the lappy.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Gau (L2)Subaru (L3)Youji (L9)
    Rin (L9)Ciel (L9)Yukio (L9)
    Akira TnC (L9)(S037) Hope Estheim(S014) Keisuke
    To me it sorta' sounds like your computer needs a good dusting. I would recommend using a can of compressed air and dust it; sometimes dust build up can really affect how your fans run, changing how it sounds and how well it works. This can also cause you fans not work properly, and this will make you laptop run hot. Another thing to look into would be a laptop cooling pad, I've known people who have had a similar problem and once they got a cooling pad it defiantly made a difference.

Yaoi Fan

Savings

Zhongli (L9)Luka Crosszeria (L9)Dan Heng (L9)
    Kaeya (L10)Kurose (L8)Alhaitham (L9)
    Spacer 1Pray for JapanSpacer 1
    There's also a fan control in BIOS which you can set its mode. If I remember correctly you can set it to full speed for high performance, automatic, or silence mode.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

DS_001_leftAce (L10)DS_001_right
    (S077) Yashiro (chibi)#2(S078) Doumeki (chibi)
    (Event) Forum - Ryouma(Event) Forum - KiseMurasakibara (L7)

Thank you for all of your help! I cleaned my fan and it helped a lot but i found out the main problem that made my CPU go crazy and stay at 100%. It was my western digital program for my hard drive for some reason. I deleted and now the fan runs nice and smooth~
    Thank you so much