aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Lover

Savings

(S094) Chu SangwooFree Dolphin(S093) Jang Jaeyoung
    (S053) Victor NikiforovHeart 1 (Red)(S052) Yuri Katsuki
    YuYang (L3)Free SharkLiHuan (L3)

What to use to encode MKV to AVI?

I want to convert MKV file to AVI. I have tried alot of converters, but only Any Video Converter gives the satisfying results. But my problem with it is that it can't encode 2 sub tracks at a time. It can only encode one. The subs too are continuous, so even if it is not needed, it is just there until the next sub comes out. AlltoAvi crashes even if I already set myself as administrator. Other converter slows down my computer wayy to much. And most of them cant covert one sub track. I really get envious whenever I see a beautifully encoded mkv into avi. How do you guys do that anyway?
    Last edited by Milcah; 05-14-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Usami (L2)Endo (L2)Kyon (L3)
    I use SUPER for my encoding needs.
    SUPER &copy
    Runs fine even on my Atom machine. And if I recall correctly, I did encode a movie with two sub tracks with this software.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Annie SnK (L7)Hange SnK (L7)Mikasa SnK (L9)
    Ryūko (L8)Spacer 1Satsuki KLK (L9)
    (S076) SilverAsh(S054) Prompto Argentum(S074) Akihiko Kaji
    I suggest you use MKVtoolnix to demux your MKVs into all their component tracks then use another media encoder of your choice. That way, you have more options to play around with it.

MKVtoolnix should allow you to split ALL components, so both sub files will be separated.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wakasa (L4)Abel (L1)Minami Kenjirou (L8)
    (Event) Forum - Ritsuka Uenoyama(S078) Doumeki (chibi)(S077) Yashiro (chibi)
    MoonlightHamletAtsushi (Tiger)
    first above all ....I use windows ...if your a mac user this may not help you at all...so sorry *bows in apology*
    Always work on a copy of your original file..if you mess up you have only destroyed a copy and still have your original safe and sound!!!
    to encode a mkv to avi ...first get your self a few freeware programs ..."mkv toolnix" plus a tool called "mkv extract' and "mkv cleaver"(very handy to have) ,"vobsub+ vobsub ripper" ,"pocketdivx" and "alltoavi" it sounds like a lot ...but with these few programs and a dvdripper you can actually rip and encode an entire dvd to web files and have dual audio or as many audio tracks as you like and as many sub tracks as you want in an .mkv

all those can be found at videohelp.com ,heres a head start ..the link to the mkvtoolnix and its add-ons poke here

remember if your a Mac user get for Mac and not windows(I use windows)

your program "alltoavi" crashed because your files most likely contained h264 or the file had errors in it ...no biggie theres ways around that fussy bugger.... not to hard either ..just takes a bit of time ...

you can use MKV toolnix...and "de-mux" the whole file into its parts ..for H264 codec you will need to trancode it to regular xivd/divx before you make an .avi

another great free program is "pocketDivx" this is not DIVX ..just baddly named it does a great job at making files for portables too....

oh and as for your 2 sub tracks if they were written as a single track with 2 channels... when you put that back you still got both ...avi or not ..use submux (this is in vobsub does the job.... stand alone type too)

you'll most likely not need to use the "all to avi"(has many limits) or "vobsub rip"(is used to rip sub from dvd) though ...

after all that .....shall we start ???

first find your .mkv
    if this file uses h264 and core vorbis audio...you'll need to transcode those to something more simple and less fussy...
    like the video into xvid(this is far more stable than any divx codec) and your audio into either pcm or mp3..

so first to make this very easy for you .... try the file in the pocket divx....this makes a file that uses xvid as video and audio as mp3 by default ...don't chose any sub files to add in this one it can only hard sub a single track..if this is what you want then chose the sub track you want ,,,and most likely your done and will have a nice .avi to view

..so you want more sub tracks ..means you didn't chose any at all in the "pocketdivx" okay ....
    to get those use the toolnix tool called mkv extractor does what it says takes mkv's apart
    ...get your subs

take your video that has your audio go and use the tool called sub mux in vobsub

mix back in your subs.....you are now done

I might be a bit confusing ...so re-read it all be for you go and do anything ....all the programs can be found at videohelp
    any problems you can PM me if you like or VM too theres no problem with that
    Last edited by lemur7; 05-25-2011 at 06:47 PM. Reason: correcting spelling errors