aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scanner

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Angeal (L6)X Classic Italics (Black)Sephiroth (L8)
    Zack (L8)Heart 1 (Red)Spacer 1
    Genesis (L5)Vincent (L8)Abel (L1)

Scanner

First, sorry if this is wrong thread, can move this thread that belong to. Since I couldnt find "General: Off topic" thing....

Now, its about new scanner that Im looking for to buy since my old scanner kinda dead. Im not sure which one is GOOD scanner and can fit to scan Manga. No matter what scanner Ive looked, always ended up with bad reviews. The Range of money would be between $50 to $100 that is all I only can afford.

Amazon website offer a lot of amazing low prices but only bad reviews so i want to see if any of you have scanner that is doing great (Your experiences with scanner).

Let me know, thanks

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    I can't find any single scanner that is good. I recommend HP all in one printer/scanner. They're very good.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

thats what I have, old scanner. its dead... lol but Im looking for just scanner since printer is waste because I never use it... lol

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

I would surely recommend one of the HP Scanjets then. Scanjets are the scanne ronly devices, I have an old one at home, i is a huge thing and take a while before it actually starts scanning (but when it is warmed up it is quite fast). I've managed to scan doujinshi's with it before with ease. However it all depends on prize quality ofcourse.

Mine is something like this one:
    Amazon.com: HP® Scanjet G4050 High-Speed USB Photo Scanner, 4800 x 9600dpi: Electronics

Other scanjets:
    Amazon.com: hp scanjet: Electronics

The one bad thing I can think of when it comes to all scanjets and what you will see in many of the reviews is the software HP uses for their hardware. The program used to scan with is crap, takes up useless space and tries to access the internet all the time (this is the case with the software my parents have on their all in 1 printer/scanner) and the software is even broken at times. My parents don't use the scanner function so the software isn't really needed because the printer works nontheless.

What I have with my own HP scanner is that the software doesn't even recognise its own scanner, I can select out of 2 devices to scan from and the brand my scanner has doesn't work, the program becomes unresponsive. However if I select the other which is a WIA scanner for whatever reason it may be called, and the damn thing then works. However upon scanning it shuts itself off but does save the image.

This si basically what you find in many of the reviews, software errors here and there. In many cases it is because people didn't install it properly but in some it is definently HP's faulth. But they still make some of the best scanners around though.

Ooh yes it also depends if you want to include the printer =)
    Last edited by KarumA; 03-31-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

What about Canon ones? Seems most people prefer Canon over HP scanners.. like this one:

Amazon.com: Canon CanoScan LiDE110 Color Image Scanner (4507B002): Electronics

Or this:

Amazon.com: Canon CS5600F Color Image Scanner (2925B002): Electronics

What do you think of Canon?

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

I have a dell it good the dpis will blow up a wallet size as big as a poster but just like karumA said about hers it takes a moment to get started but once its started it good. its one huge drawback for me is the ink you can only get it from Dell and it 80 for one set of black & Color Cartridges OR 120 for two sets YEAH talk about a con I print way to much for that so i'm thinking about getting a kodack right now at wallmart they're only 60-75 my cuz has one and they scan pretty well too

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Canon is doing well lately on the market. It would be my second choice brand.
    The first one that has a Z-lid is nice, mostly because a Zlid is perfect for scanning thick books.

n.o. 2 you linked has no included usb cable (as read in the reviews) though this is common nowadays when buying even printer/scanner devices. Though the review I read was complete crap, the person was complaining that it wasn't a 1 cord device like stated but had a power cord as well *face palm* what an idiot.

Overall I would go for n.o. 2 rather than n.o. 1 the first one seems a little small in size (I don't mean height) and I read that the edges of pages get blurred.

If you wonder where you can get such cables, you can at any electronic store that sells printers. But there ought to be one included, a short one.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hmm all right. since between Canon and HP scanners nowdays are good.. its hard to make decision to choose one... lol I dont mind to get extra cables, Amazon sells those for very cheap prices (under $20 dollars).

I'll research little more on Canon and HP scanners before I make decision. Thanks Karuma

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

(S061) Setagawa MasahiroHeart 4 (Rainbow)(S060) Kousuke Ooshiba
    (S055) DoumekiHeart 1 (Red)(S056) Yashiro
    Tsuyukusa (L9)Doumeki STWH (L9)Gray (L9)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

huh, haven't thought about Epson ones... hmm Im looking for scanner that can fit Manga to scan. not just photo size.. bigger size than Manga's size.

I'll look that one up on Amazon then.

Oh, the only most important question... are those scanner works with Windows 7 64x bits? I noticed on comments always says work with Vista and Macs so what about windows 7?? ^_^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast