aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Komaeda Nagito (L3)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Dazai Osamu (L8)
    Josef (L2)Gilgamesh (L5)Midoriya Izuku (L3)
    Cecil Aijima (L10)Fenris (L6)Sebastian Michaelis (Chibi) (L10)

E-mail spam from gallery?

I don't know if it's just me, and I don't seem to be able to find a thread on it here unless I'm blind enough to miss it...

But I got a huge flood of upload nodifications yesturday up to today(still going/happening actually) from the FFVII gallery, and I think none of them were even "new." When I looked at just one of them, it dated back in August so for sure, they weren't even new images.

Also, they're repeated links. I would get the same nodification to the same picture many times over

This isn't the first time that's happened, but this was the biggest flood I've had so I wanna know what's going on
    Last edited by ShadowYinYang; 09-27-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Barnaby (L2)Kotetsu (L2)Josef (L2)
    Ginji Amano (L10)Sinbad (L9)Jousuke (L2)
    Kanji P4 (L1)Alibaba (L6)Yosuke P4 (L1)

I've recently moved a bunch of images in the Final Fantasy VII section into pairing sub-categories, you can see the new sub-categories here: Final Fantasy VII And Advent Children - Aarinfantasy Gallery

But I am not sure why you're getting e-mails. Can you tell me what kind of message you're getting? (Copy-paste is fine)

Or maybe you're subscribed to the FFVII gallery and get notifications via e-mail about the new images...?
    Last edited by blu chocobo; 09-27-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by blu chocobo View Post
    I've recently moved a bunch of images in the Final Fantasy VII section into pairing sub-categories, you can see the new sub-categories here: Final Fantasy VII And Advent Children - Aarinfantasy Gallery

But I am not sure why you're getting e-mails. Can you tell me what kind of message you're getting? (Copy-paste is fine)

Or maybe you're subscribed to the FFVII gallery and get notifications via e-mail about the new images...?
    Ooooh that might be it. I'm getting e-mails b/c I subscribe to some galleries and FFVII is one of them.

It would appear as:

"Aarinfantasy -=The Yaoi Collection=- photo upload notification"

And in the actual email, it would give me the image title, description, and link.

So I think know why I got them in the first place, so thank you very much~
    But it's still unclear why I would get the same nodification link over and over again. Any chance you might know why that happens?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowYinYang View Post
    Ooooh that might be it. I'm getting e-mails b/c I subscribe to some galleries and FFVII is one of them.

It would appear as:

"Aarinfantasy -=The Yaoi Collection=- photo upload notification"

And in the actual email, it would give me the image title, description, and link.

So I think know why I got them in the first place, so thank you very much~
    But it's still unclear why I would get the same nodification link over and over again. Any chance you might know why that happens?

Ah I see, I'm relieved to hear that

I'm not sure why you would get the same e-mail over the same image. I usually move a picture once, can you give me an example of one?

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Ah I see, I'm relieved to hear that

I'm not sure why you would get the same e-mail over the same image. I usually move a picture once, can you give me an example of one?
    I'm not sure how to show it^^;

I don't know how many images were moved; but basically I would go through, let's say, 5 images from the nodifications down my inbox but then the same 5 images would appear in the same order. And then those 5 images would appear again but farther down the inbox.

Of course, if no one knows the answer, it's fine. Again, it only happens occasionaly. It's irratating to delete all of them, but that's really the only problem with it

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Oh when I said example, I was asking for a specific image, to maybe help me jog my memory of what actions I did.

I'll be moving more images in other galleries that have sub-categories. So I guess you'll be getting more e-mails from those, at least I'm done with the FFVII gallery for now.

Maybe from here on out, you should have all Aarin e-mails redirected to a specific folder in your e-mail? That's what I have set to keep them separate from all my other e-mails.

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Oh when I said example, I was asking for a specific image, to maybe help me jog my memory of what actions I did.

I'll be moving more images in other galleries that have sub-categories. So I guess you'll be getting more e-mails from those, at least I'm done with the FFVII gallery for now.

Maybe from here on out, you should have all Aarin e-mails redirected to a specific folder in your e-mail? That's what I have set to keep them separate from all my other e-mails.
    Ah okay^^;

well after digging through my trash, this one i know for sure appeared more than once thanks to the memorable title: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/galler...hp?photo=62202

And alrighty, I may try that, thank you again~

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowYinYang View Post
    Ah okay^^;

well after digging through my trash, this one i know for sure appeared more than once thanks to the memorable title: Message - Aarinfantasy Gallery

And alrighty, I may try that, thank you again~
    Hm, I never moved that image around, so I wonder why you would get a notification about it...

I think it's when I do bulk actions and click save (some moved, some not), it'll let you know what they think of those images that didn't move, and say those are new when nothing new is added at all.

I guess this means I'll be flooding alot of e-mails like this D: No idea it did that ^^;;

Yaoi Lover
    Savings

Hm, I never moved that image around, so I wonder why you would get a notification about it...

I think it's when I do bulk actions and click save (some moved, some not), it'll let you know what they think of those images that didn't move, and say those are new when nothing new is added at all.

I guess this means I'll be flooding alot of e-mails like this D: No idea it did that ^^;;
    Now I'm worried it's just me! I mean I'm surprised no one else seems to mention this...

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Maybe they didn't feel like mentioning it? I have no idea how many people are subscribed to the popular galleries.

Edit: I decided to turn off e-mail notifications for "new" uploads for now. I can turn it back on once I'm done doing the bulk moves for sub-categories.
    Last edited by blu chocobo; 09-28-2010 at 09:18 AM.