aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Yaoi Legend

Savings

Shinohara Keiji (L13)Sebastian (L13)(Event) FaceBook - Yukina
    (Event) Forum - Rayflo(Event) IRC - Ritsu(Event) Forum - Morinaga
    (S036) Kaneki KenCharley (L8)(Event) Forum - Tatsumi Souichi

Exclamation Help with trojan virus~

Hi guys, um for some reason Norton AntiVirus [Symantic] keeps telling me about something called 'Trojan.Zefarch!gen' being found on my computer. I started using it not so long ago and being as it is that the person who shares it with me isn't careful about downloading things etc. I now have to fix it somehow. How do I get rid of it? I've tried to quarantine it but it 'can't be found'? It shows itself as: 'ojigonaje.dll'. This comp. has Windows XP, so I'm kinda stuck on this, help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    Use HijackThis to save a log file and put it here. If you have problems, follow the tutorial HijackThis Tutorial - How to use HijackThis to remove Browser Hijackers & Spyware
    You can download HijackThis here: http://www.linhadefensiva.org/dl/hijackthis

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Roxas (L4)Batman (L1)Kakashi (L10)
    (S010) JokerButters (L4)Quatre (L6)
    Muraki (L8)Iruka (L8)Edward (L5)

I know this virus tends to be stubborn like you're experiencing but you might be able to delete them manually yourself.

This is a step-by-step instruction for that: HERE

If that fails, you may want to try malwarebytes to see if that helps remove the virus.

Yaoi Addict

Savings

Lelouch (L10)Love (01)Spacer 1
    Spacer 1Suzaku (L4)Love (01)
    Spacer 1Spacer 1Shima (L7)
    ahh~ Nortan Virus Remover xD, I went to Best Buy once (i believe it was at best buy or office depot) and a guy said that Nortan is a virus its self, and AVG is better or Kapersky.
    but, just like Munemasa Katagiri, Hijack should work or, try using a different virus protector (since Norton tends to not find everything)

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Steve Rogers (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Tony Stark (L9)
    Iron Man (L9)Star 1 (Yellow)Captain America (L9)
    Spacer 1Tony Stark (L10)Spacer 1

Quote Originally Posted by SinaYaoix View Post
    ahh~ Nortan Virus Remover xD, I went to Best Buy once (i believe it was at best buy or office depot) and a guy said that Nortan is a virus its self, and AVG is better or Kapersky.
    but, just like Munemasa Katagiri, Hijack should work or, try using a different virus protector (since Norton tends to not find everything)
    My exact thoughts, first thing I did was smile and say to myself "Aah Norton"

Anyway, Norton isn't a very good anti virus, I had it ages ago when win 98 I believe was out and the program itself became infected and it ended up with a rage format c:/

best steps to take:

Hijack this as posted above, if you don't know how to work with it you could make a log & save and post the log here (copy paste from your text processor).

Scans you'd wanna do:
    Malwarebytes

Anti Virus you'd wanna get instead of Norton:
    Avast or Nod32, why no AVG? Because AVG doesn't boot scan and doesn't scan your usb sticks as soon as you plug them in (happened to me once, avg warned me after 30 minutes or so and I was screwed).

If it really will not remove itself then try Combofix

Sleeping Beast

Savings

Gakupo V (L4)Conrad (L4)Heart 4 (Icy)
    Randy (L1)Ryuuki (L2)Star 1 (Yellow)
    Ryuuren (L4)Riki (L4)Pray for Japan
    I wish to take a look at the log file to see if it's some false-positive or real virus. I couldn't find anything about ojigonaje.dll googling for it.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

DS_002_(1)topleftMeier Link (L9)DS_002_(5)bottommid
    Pain (L13)DS_002_(6)bottomright(Event) Forum - Levi
    RyukDS_002_(4)bottomleftCatbus

Quote Originally Posted by Munemasa Katagiri View Post
    I wish to take a look at the log file to see if it's some false-positive or real virus. I couldn't find anything about ojigonaje.dll googling for it.
    It's a real malware. Check this Symantec report:
    Trojan.Zefarch!gen | Symantec

The name of the infected DLL created by the virus is random.

You can remove this malware with Combofix:
    ComboFix | freeware

Yaoi Legend

Savings

sorry for the late update, i was having a total meltdown the other day, I tried with the stupid thing that keeps telling me is a virus and when my comp restarted, it showed:

AUTOCHK NOT FOUND - SKIPPING AUTOCHECK

I managed to fix it somehow, it finally ran a the usual check:

I tried the regedit on 'RUN' and searched for the trojan but it wasn't able to find it. And I went to search for it on the Windows Task Manager > Processes and it's not there either. It keeps displaying C:\WINDOWS\ojigonaje.dll

Here is more info on the computer:

I just realized the Norton one is outdated, like I said I just moved full time on this computer, the other user who I share it with didn't update anything. I went ahead and backed up all my junk just in case it stops working again.

And guys, now it says '47' items are infected. 'Heuristic.ADH' was found too, and 'Trojan.ByteVerify' and 'Trojan.Gen' so now what?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yaoi Addict
    Republic of Moldova...but right now I'm lost in the world of Original Fics
    Savings

Ichigo (L6)Fye (L5)Saralegui (L3)
    Mori (L3)Allelujah (L5)Chika (L6)
    Zangetsu (L4)Koumei (L4)Gilbert (L4)
    When I have problems like this I use 3 programs that are a huge help for me:

1) Doctor Web Cure it utility
    Dr.Web CureIt! — ??????? ????????? ?????????! ??????? ???????, ?????? ?????????? ?????????!

This is a one time use utility and cures many trojans and so on.
    Every time you want to scan the computer with it you must download the new, updated version from the web-site because every day they update trojans data to cure them.

2) Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    Malwarebytes
    It's a really good program that removes very efficiently many trojans and worms.

3) SuperAntiSpyware
    SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

The name speaks for itself.

I make a full scan with each of this programs to make sure that no malware remained on the computer.

Each of these 3 programs have a free version which is plenty enough for scanning and deleting the viruses. The paid versions just have additional features that scan the computer automatically, while with the free version you have to do it manually.

I hope this will help you.

Yaoi Legend

Savings

I'm using Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, i'm running the scan now and so far it has found 7 objects as 'infected'.

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Hmm, well I'm doing the malwarebytes as suggested, I've had Norton and AVG for as long as I can remember, now that I think about it; it makes sense why it had so many problems with viruses back then (virus related) so I'm assuming that Avast or Nod32 is the best way to go then?

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Yeah I googled it too, didn't come up with anything. I tried deleting it manually but it won't let me. I don't recall seeing it before though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast