aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Thread: Sound effect

soothsayer

Sound effect

im going to need lots of sound effect for my final project. besides FlashKit and FindSound, i dun know where else to get them.

i need sword clashing, sparks, collision... basically those sound that u can find in any action game. i hv no idea how to rip from them so yea...

any free source out there?

Yaoi Legend

Savings

Kei Yamashiro (L8)Heart 1 (Blue)Takashi Okumura (L8)
    Rin Matsuoka (L9)Haruka Nanase (L9)Makoto Tachibana (L6)
    Hollow Ichigo (L9)Shunsui (L5)Miyuki (L4)

Those were the ones I used in high school broadcast, but... I also had a friend who liked Free Sound Effects

Umm... as for ripping video game sounds, you can definitely use any video editing software to input a captured video and just take the audio from it. Umm... good sources for finding video game videos are things like speedruns. Heck, even take it straight from youtube and isolate the audio. Just sayin' if you need a specific sound effect like the victory song from FF.

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

Got some other links here
    -> SoundJay.com - Free Sound Effects | High Quality Sound Effects
    -> freesound :: home page
    -> Sound Effect Libraries (other links)
    -> http://www.sonoflash.com/sounds.htm (I don't know about the format here)

They shall be free... under Creative Commons License

EDIT:
    For game sounds, usually you can find packages with them... Here some example of places to download wav files
    -> http://www.therecordist.com/pages/game_sfx.html
    -> http://www.gamedev.net/reference/list.asp?categoryid=82 (though a lot of links are dead)

... and I don,t know what it is... but it sound fun => http://www.lukewhittaker.co.uk/soundfactory/index.php
    Last edited by angerbda; 12-26-2009 at 03:40 AM.

soothsayer
    Those were the ones I used in high school broadcast, but... I also had a friend who liked Free Sound Effects
    thanks ill check it out!

as for ripping video game sounds, you can definitely use any video editing software to input a captured video and just take the audio from it.
    hahahaha yea i know basic ripping but most of what i see... the sound fx comes together with bgm orz

Heck, even take it straight from youtube and isolate the audio. Just sayin' if you need a specific sound effect like the victory song from FF.
    youtube is amazing some times, back when i was doing my animation i didnt know ppl would be so bored to record their tummy making noise but im greatful to them XD

Got some other links here
    -> SoundJay.com - Free Sound Effects | High Quality Sound Effects
    -> freesound :: home page
    -> Sound Effect Libraries (other links)
    -> Sonoflash - Sounds (I don't know about the format here)

They shall be free... under Creative Commons License

EDIT:
    For game sounds, usually you can find packages with them... Here some example of places to download wav files
    -> The Recordist - Sound Effects For Games
    -> GameDev.net -- Music and Sound Effect Collections (though a lot of links are dead)

... and I don,t know what it is... but it sound fun => Sound Factory
    omg thanks a bunch!!

this is going to help my animation!! thanks a lot guys!

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Gray (L9)Heart 1 (Blue)Natsu (L7)
    Suzaku (L4)Pray for Japan(S003) Lelouch
    PikachuRin (L9)(S012) Hollow Ichigo
    If you install any, literally any PC game, the individual sound files will be in a folder in the install directory!

soothsayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxien View Post
    If you install any, literally any PC game, the individual sound files will be in a folder in the install directory!
    including sound effect? does it works the same like Ragnarok Online? since it does have a folder for BGMs. not sound fx.

[edit]
    angerbda gave me some good websites, but if there is still more out there, ill be very grateful to know them! all these links might come in handy in the future!
    Last edited by soothsayer; 12-27-2009 at 04:12 AM.

Smile, breath and go slow

Savings

Ayace (L9)Heart 6 (Devil)Canale (L9)
    Emba (L10)MeatBunYuuen (L9)
    (S067) Azumaya Junta(S054) Prompto Argentum(S076) SilverAsh

Quote Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
    including sound effect? does it works the same like Ragnarok Online? since it does have a folder for BGMs. not sound fx.
    That will depend on the game... but, usually there is a file with all sounds/voices/music...
    If I take, for example, a game I am actually playing (PC install), sounds are stored under an audio file with *.fsb extension... I can play it with winamp... The only issue is sfx are by batch in a same file (goes that way with voices files also: 1 per character)... so for a specific sound, it needs to be isolated...

soothsayer
    Quote Originally Posted by angerbda View Post
    That will depend on the game... but, usually there is a file with all sounds/voices/music...
    If I take, for example, a game I am actually playing (PC install), sounds are stored under an audio file with *.fsb extension... I can play it with winamp... The only issue is sfx are by batch in a same file (goes that way with voices files also: 1 per character)... so for a specific sound, it needs to be isolated...

oh yea... just finish downlaodin 鬼畜眼镜 and it comes with the separated sound fx. too bad sweet pool doesnt has em...

i did "rob" my company's Apple soundTrack folder too. just that its a pain to go through all of them without the program itself XD

MyRedPineapple
    This is answered but I'd like to make a sugesstion anyway.

Pazera Free Audio Extractor 1.3 - Extract audio tracks from video files - FLV to MP3, AVI to MP3, AVI to WAV, AVI to WMA - Jacek Pazera

The link above is a software you can use to rip audio off movies. I've used to to extract audio from Bleach and movies. It's very easy to use (I'm one of those people who don't read directions and just go ahead and learn by using it already, it's very simple) and it's absolutely FREE. I thought of making a Bleach soundboard from the audio files someday or my own vista theme with Bleach audio..like it' will say chire or howl Zabimaru when it's starts..but how troublesome....don't want to mess with Windows and screw it up but I have the audio for it...