aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you so much, Kojichan!
    MS Gothic font was actually missing, I uploaded and installed it, now everything works just fine.
    Save/load also seems fine by far.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Rai Lamento (L9)Rai (L7)(S046) Kogitsunemaru
    Axel (L10)Tyki (L6)Alois (L6)
    Rayflo (L8)Konoe (L2)Asato (L9)
    Excuse my language but holy ****ing shit, it worked
    This was the first time I installed the 103 patch before moving over the noDVD

I can't thank you enough, now I don't have to use my old machine TCT <3333333333333333333

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hellou bourimly07!

The text looks off, so it looks like your computer's System Locale isn't set to Japanese.

As Lamento is a Japanese Visual Novel, the game will require your computer to have the System Locale set to Japanese. Rejoice! As doing this does NOT mean your computer will be in Japanese, itself, it will just allow it to display Japanese text properly when a game wants it to. (Like, nearly all Visual Novels that you'll want to play).

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f360/t...ml#post4219281
    The above link has an excellent guide for how to change it. Keep in mind you WILL need to restart your computer afterwards, so save any open windows you need to!

Lastly, you should uninstall Lamento, and then re-install it. It's better to install games while your System Locale is Japanese, otherwise you'll have problems.

Speaking of problems, just before you reinstall the game, take the time to change the folder the game will be installed to. Don't leave it as the default install folder. Lamento is an older game, and might have issues trying to write it's gamesaves, because they're saved directly to the same folder the game was installed.

Not to mention, it makes it easier to install the English Patch! So go ahead and either create a new folder like C:\Games\ and install it there, or just choose C:\ directly. Either way, you can easily find the game.

If you need more help, feel free to ask! ^^
    Sorry for the late reply! That's the thing, my system was already set to Japan from other games I've played. I uinstalled, then reinstalled just to be safe and I'm still having the same issue.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by bourimly07 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply! That's the thing, my system was already set to Japan from other games I've played. I uinstalled, then reinstalled just to be safe and I'm still having the same issue.
    That's so weird! Usually that garbage text doesn't show up unless the wrong Unicode Locale has been set... Have you tried running any other Visual Novels lately? One's that you know work? (like DMMd or something?)

Huh, well, would you mind going a bit more in-depth with your installation process for me? ^^

Could you also let me know the name of the folder that you installed Lamento to? Also, any screenshots of the folder, before/after/whenever the error occurs would be great, too.

You mentioned having LmtDVDVer101 and LmtDVDVer102... Do you also have LmtDVDVer103? If you do, you really only need to run just Ver103.

Where did you download Lamento from?

Sorry for all these questions, just trying to learn more about your setup to try and find a solution! ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Windows 10

So I have windows 8 now and already installed lamento and the patch and the game works great but if I install windows 10 would I be able to play still?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by flashzone101 View Post
    So I have windows 8 now and already installed lamento and the patch and the game works great but if I install windows 10 would I be able to play still?
    Hello flashzone101!

I can't guarantee it will work. If you're desperate to play and finish Lamento, I would suggest finishing it first before updating to Windows 10, just to be on the safe side.

There are some people who've gotten it to run in Windows 10, but most of the time it was through a lot of effort. If it's working 100% right now, best not to mess with it until absolutely necessary. ^__^;;;;; If at all possible.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Lamento+ win 7 64 bit

I know many people are saying that Lamento won´t work on win 7 64 bit.
    I hadn´t any problems with the installation from lamento, i have a win 7 64 bit system and the game is running great I´m not sure but I think I installed the .exe with windows XP (service p.) two or three in the compatible mode and just as I said I had not a single problem so far
    hope you can excuse my bad english I´m german
    Last edited by Cruislay; 09-28-2015 at 11:14 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Actually, that's correct. You're gonna need an older ISO of the game (Ver 1.00, like the one on the forums).

And, you only need one ISO to mount, which is the Lamento DVD ISO. Mount that, run the installer (Change the install directory to something OUTSIDE of the C:\Program Files (x86)\ directory).

Once that's done, find the LmtDVDVer103.exe file (Should have come with the ISO download), run that sucker, then visit this page: Index of /patches and find the Lamento NoDVD EXE. Drop kick that into Lamento's install folder, and the game should run without need for the boot.iso, or Lamento ISO to still be mounted.

The English patch will ONLY work with Version 1.03, so anything higher will not work.

(Also, thank you for supporting the developers by purchasing a copy! ^^)

Thank you for the reply! (even though I'm late)
    I managed to get it properly mounted after all, so I think I'll just keep it that way for now. Wouldn't like to accidentally eff something up.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Game not loading

Hi guys!

So I've downloaded the folder with all the files I'm supposed to mount. And I followed the video tutorial to install Lamento but in the video, there was an error message for the person which required them to use LmtDVDVer103 (which I think I understand to know be LmtDVDVer101 and 102). I didn't get that error message but I ran those two files anyway. And then in the video, I hadn't noticed that the person had a Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID-.exe application. I thought I had everything since I torrented it (the torrent link in the first post) but since I don't have that to replace the .exe in the gamer folder, what do I do?

Thank you!

EDIT: Don't worry guys. Thanks for taking your time to read through but I've successfully installed it
    Last edited by cinsta; 10-12-2015 at 11:26 PM. Reason: Did some wibbly woobly stuff and got it to install :)

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I installed the Lamento game.... It can't run ;w;

Hii so basically I installed everything and done everything the guide told me to and the DVD runs but when i click on Game Start the game doesn't start up... any way to solve this? ;w;

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast