aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoiPANDAS View Post
    When I say moved I actually moved the already installed folder since it didn't hurt the game on win 7 (though it may with win 10)

I downloaded my files from firestorm717 (details on how I did it the first time and this time are here: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t1...plication.html )

Aaaand here's what my folder looks like (no English patch yet, just trying to get it to run first)

Attachment 169146
    Hmm, well, from what I can see you don't have ANY of the LmtDVDVerXXX patches used yet. (voice1.npa is missing, for example)

Those programs read the system registry to know where Lamento was installed, so you might want to put the game back before using them. The NoDVD needs the LmtDVDVer103 patch to be installed first before it works.

Try that? ^^

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Rai Lamento (L9)Rai (L7)(S046) Kogitsunemaru
    Axel (L10)Tyki (L6)Alois (L6)
    Rayflo (L8)Konoe (L2)Asato (L9)
    Okay, so Installed that patch and it would open for a split second and close. I then uninstalled it, reinstalled it in my C: drive, replaced the application with the noDVD one, ran the 103 patch, and now nothing will open

Is there a method/tutorial that described the process I need to follow to get this to potentially work for windows 10? TcT

(I wont be able to use my old computer for Lamento anymore because it needs a factory restore before my dad takes it so I really want to make it work for this computer. It can't be downgraded)

EDIT: Still not working but I learned that when I install the game and move the noDVD patch into the root folder (replacing the original one) the game will run with a black screen and I have to use task manager to close it. THEN I run the 103 patch and nothing will open at all.

I've tried run as administrator as well. Should I not use the firestorm 717 download?
    Last edited by enjoiPANDAS; 09-07-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    Yes, after putting the no DVD patch into the downloaded game's folder I was able to play Lamento just fine on my Windows 10. I've only spent a few minutes playing it with the full English patch, but everything seems to be running good so far. Saves and loads without a problem (unlike Togainu no Chi). I don't know why my legit copy didn't work with the same method though It'll forever be a mystery, I guess.

I'm really glad a few other users were able to get their copies working with the no DVD patch
    Did you install the game using the method on this thread? AKA literally mounting the boot and lamentoDVD, installing, then moving the noDVD into the download folder? I'm running Win10 and I'm running into a lot of problems and I was wondering what other people are doing to get it to work. TwT

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Hello, dear comrades!
    I'm happy to inform you that I'd successfully installed and run the game on Windows 7 64bit.
    To do this I only used that 103 and then noDVD patches.
    English patch worked just fine - at least menu and Exit and Save dialogues are on English.

The game plays intro, video/audio are absolutely fine. The problem comes when the active part starts - specifically - dialogs. As a downpour sequence starts, all I have is video/audio running but no dialoges as just black boxes where the text is supposed to be appear. And the boxes are really fast - it seems like the text doesn't even have time to appear. And no voices - if dialoges are supposed to be voiced at all. Choice blocks also empty.

Had anyone faced anything like this? I can play the game in this weird silent-movies style but that would be just nice if I had any clues of what actually is happenning.

Thanks for ANY help!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by thorinno View Post
    Hello, dear comrades!
    I'm happy to inform you that I'd successfully installed and run the game on Windows 7 64bit.
    To do this I only used that 103 and then noDVD patches.
    English patch worked just fine - at least menu and Exit and Save dialogues are on English.

The game plays intro, video/audio are absolutely fine. The problem comes when the active part starts - specifically - dialogs. As a downpour sequence starts, all I have is video/audio running but no dialoges as just black boxes where the text is supposed to be appear. And the boxes are really fast - it seems like the text doesn't even have time to appear. And no voices - if dialoges are supposed to be voiced at all. Choice blocks also empty.

Had anyone faced anything like this? I can play the game in this weird silent-movies style but that would be just nice if I had any clues of what actually is happenning.

Thanks for ANY help!
    Heya thorinno!

Actually, Here are two quick questions:

First, is your computer's System Locale set to Japanese?
    And second, do you know if you have the font "MS Gothic" installed? You can check by clicking the start button, typing: C:\windows\fonts\ and with the window that pops up, look for "MS Gothic Regular". If you do NOT have that font, you can usually find it with a Japanese Language Pack, but I think it should be installed by changing system locales and having a connection to the internet...

Yaoi Supporter

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Hmm, well, from what I can see you don't have ANY of the LmtDVDVerXXX patches used yet. (voice1.npa is missing, for example)

Those programs read the system registry to know where Lamento was installed, so you might want to put the game back before using them. The NoDVD needs the LmtDVDVer103 patch to be installed first before it works.

Try that? ^^

Do you know if the Firestorm 717 download works with Windows 10? That's the version I've been using and I still can't seem to get it to run at all.

Also, do you know how to change the computer locale to Japanese on Windows 10? Since all the tutorials are for Windows 8 and down I've had nothing to follow. I changed my region to Japan and installed the Japanese language pack but it doesn't seem to have changed anything on my computer. Japanese words still show up as random symbols and question marks so I'm not sure if I even formatted my computer correctly

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Do you know if the Firestorm 717 download works with Windows 10? That's the version I've been using and I still can't seem to get it to run at all.

Also, do you know how to change the computer locale to Japanese on Windows 10? Since all the tutorials are for Windows 8 and down I've had nothing to follow. I changed my region to Japan and installed the Japanese language pack but it doesn't seem to have changed anything on my computer. Japanese words still show up as random symbols and question marks so I'm not sure if I even formatted my computer correctly
    Functionality of Lamento on Windows 10 is sporadic (It doesn't matter which version you download). It's really hit and miss, but mostly miss so far.

As for system locale... It's largely the same for Windows 10 as it is for 8 (I played around on my boyfriend's computer, but he won't let me install any BL games. POO!!), but your best bet is to click "Start" and type "locale", and the text "Change the date, time, or number format" will show up. Click on it. When the window pops up, look for a tab named "Administrative", then look for the bottom button named "Change system locale". That needs to be set to "Japanese", and you will 100% need to restart. It's important to do that.

Once you've made sure your system locale is Japanese, try reinstalling Lamento just on drive C:, then running LmtDVDVer103, then use the NoDVD EXE.

Users have found that using the NoDVD exe they have a higher chance of getting Lamento to run. It's not a guarantee.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Beyond confused

New to this whole type of thing so beyond confused. I've gotten to the installation up to the point where you need to do LmtDVD101 & 102, and I get an error. I've tried digging around on the forums and honestly don't even know what the issue is.
    Is the error I keep getting whenever I try to run any of the update files.
    Lmtdvdver101.PNG

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! <3

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by bourimly07 View Post
    New to this whole type of thing so beyond confused. I've gotten to the installation up to the point where you need to do LmtDVD101 & 102, and I get an error. I've tried digging around on the forums and honestly don't even know what the issue is.
    Is the error I keep getting whenever I try to run any of the update files.
    Lmtdvdver101.PNG

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks! <3
    Hellou bourimly07!

The text looks off, so it looks like your computer's System Locale isn't set to Japanese.

As Lamento is a Japanese Visual Novel, the game will require your computer to have the System Locale set to Japanese. Rejoice! As doing this does NOT mean your computer will be in Japanese, itself, it will just allow it to display Japanese text properly when a game wants it to. (Like, nearly all Visual Novels that you'll want to play).

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f360/t...ml#post4219281
    The above link has an excellent guide for how to change it. Keep in mind you WILL need to restart your computer afterwards, so save any open windows you need to!

Lastly, you should uninstall Lamento, and then re-install it. It's better to install games while your System Locale is Japanese, otherwise you'll have problems.

Speaking of problems, just before you reinstall the game, take the time to change the folder the game will be installed to. Don't leave it as the default install folder. Lamento is an older game, and might have issues trying to write it's gamesaves, because they're saved directly to the same folder the game was installed.

Not to mention, it makes it easier to install the English Patch! So go ahead and either create a new folder like C:\Games\ and install it there, or just choose C:\ directly. Either way, you can easily find the game.

If you need more help, feel free to ask! ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yomo Renji (L9)Kaneki Ken (L9)Guts (L1)
    Did you install the game using the method on this thread? AKA literally mounting the boot and lamentoDVD, installing, then moving the noDVD into the download folder? I'm running Win10 and I'm running into a lot of problems and I was wondering what other people are doing to get it to work. TwT
    I am so sorry I didn't see this earlier! Yes, I installed the game by mounting it with daemon tools lite. As I said in a previous post, I used the files provided by ayachan94 and so far I haven't had any trouble with it. Once it was done installing I pasted in the no DVD patch and used it to start up the game.

Also, if you're still having trouble with changing the locale on Windows 10 click on the house icon that should be on your taskbar then Control Panel -> Region -> Adminstrative

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast