aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    Oh wow! Thank you for the detailed post! XD That helps a lot, so thank you again!

I don't think Windows XP was as anal retentive about where older games can be installed, because of how they usually save their save games in the same folder they were installed to, so that may or may not be an issue. (But if you got TnC working, and it's installed to the C:\Program Files\ folder and it's fine, then this is a non-issue for Lamento).

Well, if you have a working 1.10 copy, then the partial English patch may not work... It was built on 1.03. (Moreover, by the looks of it, the English patch exe seems to automatically update to 1.03. I don't know how well it'll work in reverse...)

Lessie, what version of the partial English patch are you using? v0.1.5 or v0.1.5.1?

Hmm, I managed to install the v0.1.5.1 "Moderately" okay. (Forgot I had to run it as administrator...)

I've been mostly avoiding playing the partial English patch as I'm waiting for the full one, but I kinda want to hear Rai... XD;; I don't know how far into the story his character shows up... but all I know is that his VA is the same as another game, so I wanna hear his voice. *buzzes through the intro*

Lamento boots up in English for me...

Attachment 168754
    Here's what my working install's files look like. Compare them to yours, see what might be wrong?
    Hmm...

Because I´m on vacation, I installed DMMD and DMMD Re:connect from my bought copy too and applied the patches for them, working both perfectly fine in english as well as the Togainu no chi - all installed in the same direction :
    C:Programs: NitroCHiral ...

I de-installed Lamento once again completely, installed it anew and made a sreenshot from the untouched japanse version here:

Lamento-original.jpg

Then I installed the LmtDVDVer101, LmtDVDVer102 and LmtDVDVer200 in this order. Looks like this and isn´t
    running ( Error 2100)

Lamento-original101-102-200.jpg

There´s no english patch applied yet, but if I do and start the game, the screen is black, then turns to white and freezes until I force it down with my task manager.

Seriously, this makes me crazy mad since I really want to get it running, even if it´s just a partial english patch.
    Sure, I could just go ahead and download the game somewhere, install everything and good but I bought all these games and it would be a shame if I cannot play my existing versions.

Btw, I was using the version 0.1.5.1 english patch and btw, non of my versions looks like yours ( there´s even something missing)

So...what am I doing wrong? do I forget about something? And is there a chance to upgrade my 1.10 version to 2.00?
    I thought this should be done with the LmtDVDVer200 from the NitroChiral webside but if I only apply this and start the game, black screen and crushing - as usual. I refuse to give up, I WANT this working.

Thank you very much for all the effort for a stranger like me

P.S. Am I the only one who noticed that the tail from the cat walking through the high grass at the very beginning of the game is different all the time? It´s sometimes only white, brown or even striped...weird.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkling View Post
    Hmm...

Because I´m on vacation, I installed DMMD and DMMD Re:connect from my bought copy too and applied the patches for them, working both perfectly fine in english as well as the Togainu no chi - all installed in the same direction :
    C:Programs: NitroCHiral ...

I de-installed Lamento once again completely, installed it anew and made a sreenshot from the untouched japanse version here:

Lamento-original.jpg

Then I installed the LmtDVDVer101, LmtDVDVer102 and LmtDVDVer200 in this order. Looks like this and isn´t
    running ( Error 2100)

Lamento-original101-102-200.jpg

There´s no english patch applied yet, but if I do and start the game, the screen is black, then turns to white and freezes until I force it down with my task manager.

Seriously, this makes me crazy mad since I really want to get it running, even if it´s just a partial english patch.
    Sure, I could just go ahead and download the game somewhere, install everything and good but I bought all these games and it would be a shame if I cannot play my existing versions.

Btw, I was using the version 0.1.5.1 english patch and btw, non of my versions looks like yours ( there´s even something missing)

So...what am I doing wrong? do I forget about something? And is there a chance to upgrade my 1.10 version to 2.00?
    I thought this should be done with the LmtDVDVer200 from the NitroChiral webside but if I only apply this and start the game, black screen and crushing - as usual. I refuse to give up, I WANT this working.

Thank you very much for all the effort for a stranger like me

P.S. Am I the only one who noticed that the tail from the cat walking through the high grass at the very beginning of the game is different all the time? It´s sometimes only white, brown or even striped...weird.
    The tail blitzing across was always the same for me everytime I booted it up, until I updated the game to Version 1.03, then it randomized. o.O

Anywho!

On a fresh install, BEFORE APPLYING LmtDVDVer101, LmtDVDVer102, OR LmtDVDVer200, try running the English patch. The English patch comes with LmtDVDVer103 already, from what I noticed. That's what I ran it on. And I have the same partial patch. The v0.1.5.1.

Moreover, I don't think you need to run each patch in order, like LmtDVDVer101, then LmtDVDVer102... Patches tend to include previous fixes, so you just need to run the last one in the sequence. But as I said, I think the partial English is an older version, so it might not work with the LmtDVDVer200. So just try the base install, then English patch. ^^;;

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    The tail blitzing across was always the same for me everytime I booted it up, until I updated the game to Version 1.03, then it randomized. o.O

Anywho!

On a fresh install, BEFORE APPLYING LmtDVDVer101, LmtDVDVer102, OR LmtDVDVer200, try running the English patch. The English patch comes with LmtDVDVer103 already, from what I noticed. That's what I ran it on. And I have the same partial patch. The v0.1.5.1.

Moreover, I don't think you need to run each patch in order, like LmtDVDVer101, then LmtDVDVer102... Patches tend to include previous fixes, so you just need to run the last one in the sequence. But as I said, I think the partial English is an older version, so it might not work with the LmtDVDVer200. So just try the base install, then English patch. ^^;;
    Hiya,

Thank you for the help but this is what I did BEFORE anything else.

I think I need to try a few things and might setup my netbook new since it´s very old and full of old stuff I don´t need anymore so I´ll do that and freshly install everything new, then I´ll come back here and tell If I succeeded, apologies for me whining again

Maybe the complete english patch will fix this problem but it´s ridiculous that I don´t seem to be able to get this run NOW...meh

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yomo Renji (L9)Kaneki Ken (L9)Guts (L1)
    Darkling, I have a question. You said you have a legit copy of Lamento, right? When you install the game from it, does it create a subfolder in the NitroplusCHiRAL folder called "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- (通常版)" rather than "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- DVD" ? My copy does this and for the life of me I couldn't get the darn game to start up no matter how many times I applied patches and reinstalled.

I ended up ditching the game cd and decided to install Lamento the roundabout way. I'm pretty sure I used ayachan94's download links--minus the partial english patch. Mounted it up using daemon tools lite, installed the game, and applied the 2.0 patch just fine. I even threw in the full English patch while I was at it. However (and this is the weird thing) the game still didn't boot up until I put a crack file into the game folder. Clicked the crack exe and, bam, suddenly I can run Lamento on my Windows 10 64-bit laptop. Hallelujah?

The only reason I say this is weird is because I tried the English patch and the crack file with my game cd and it didn't do anything. As for where I got the crack file, I'm pretty sure it was here. I can't guarantee this'll work for you as well, but it's a shot in the dark.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Gin HM (L2)Konoe (L2)Hibari (L2)
    Aoba (L2)Accelerator (L2)Rin TnC (L1)
    Miyamura Izumi (L1)Kyoko Hori (L1)Kuroko (L1)

It worked !!

F*ck, it finally worked when I downloaded crack from happyplace's post. I was so desperate that I considered throwing my laptop out the window. xd I don't know why it worked this way, but earlier I tried literally everything, so now I'm soooo thankful to happyplace for sharing this method. <3

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

(S030) VirusAkira TnC (L1)Motomi TnC(L2)
    Quote Originally Posted by happyplace View Post
    Darkling, I have a question. You said you have a legit copy of Lamento, right? When you install the game from it, does it create a subfolder in the NitroplusCHiRAL folder called "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- (通常版)" rather than "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- DVD" ? My copy does this and for the life of me I couldn't get the darn game to start up no matter how many times I applied patches and reinstalled.

I ended up ditching the game cd and decided to install Lamento the roundabout way. I'm pretty sure I used ayachan94's download links--minus the partial english patch. Mounted it up using daemon tools lite, installed the game, and applied the 2.0 patch just fine. I even threw in the full English patch while I was at it. However (and this is the weird thing) the game still didn't boot up until I put a crack file into the game folder. Clicked the crack exe and, bam, suddenly I can run Lamento on my Windows 10 64-bit laptop. Hallelujah?

The only reason I say this is weird is because I tried the English patch and the crack file with my game cd and it didn't do anything. As for where I got the crack file, I'm pretty sure it was here. I can't guarantee this'll work for you as well, but it's a shot in the dark.
    Thank you for this information!
    I have Windows 10 64-bit and I installed Lamento, but couldn't get it to launch. I downloaded the Lamento noDVD patch and replaced the .exe and was finally able to play!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Oh my goodness, the problem I struggled with all day just got solved with a single download thanks to you!! Thank you so so much for that link and your suggestion! I was considering resetting my OS back to Windows 7 but now I don't have to!

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Hello

Yes, exactly. I have a legit copy and I try hard to get it running without downloading the cracked version. It doesn´t make sense to own it if I end up downloading it anyway, especially since all my other legit Nitro Chiral copies are running with just the english patch applied.....drives me NUTS! you know?
    But you are right, it DOES say "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- (通常版)" instead of "Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- DVD"

But I´m desperate to play it so I´ll download this game and try what you suggested...you say you can run it on your Win10 ??? I even installed it on mine ( running on Win10 too) but of course it refused to do ANYTHING...

I personally think it´s all just because I cannot get this game updated on the latest 2.0 version, if I´d only have a patch fixing this, I believe it would all work ...
    Last edited by Darkling; 08-20-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yomo Renji (L9)Kaneki Ken (L9)Guts (L1)
    Yes, after putting the no DVD patch into the downloaded game's folder I was able to play Lamento just fine on my Windows 10. I've only spent a few minutes playing it with the full English patch, but everything seems to be running good so far. Saves and loads without a problem (unlike Togainu no Chi). I don't know why my legit copy didn't work with the same method though It'll forever be a mystery, I guess.

I'm really glad a few other users were able to get their copies working with the no DVD patch

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Yes, after putting the no DVD patch into the downloaded game's folder I was able to play Lamento just fine on my Windows 10. I've only spent a few minutes playing it with the full English patch, but everything seems to be running good so far. Saves and loads without a problem (unlike Togainu no Chi). I don't know why my legit copy didn't work with the same method though It'll forever be a mystery, I guess.

I'm really glad a few other users were able to get their copies working with the no DVD patch

Geez, I´m an Idiot! I just saw that the full english patch is available now! I´ll give this a try now and see if I can convince my legit copy to work for me. If this won´t work, I´ll try the method you mentioned, hopefully either will do or I´m getting depressed. Seriously...so many wasted hours to just figure it out

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast