aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Silver Chaos - Patch Error

I just installed Silver Chaos earlier, as well as the official 1.2 patch. However, I cannot get the patch to work - it'll extract a bunch of files to the SilverChaos folder, but upon trying to run the SETUP.EXE file that appeared, either nothing happens or I get a message box that pops up and disappears too quickly to read. I finally managed to read the box at one point, and apparently the problem is that I'm trying to run it on a 32-bit system when it wants a 16-bit. Or something. I'm reaching here because I don't understand the difference.

Silver Chaos itself runs just fine; I just can't install the patch. Which is a problem when I'd like to run the English patch! :P I have Windows XP Professional, if that helps.

Can someone help me get this patch installed, or am I kind of hosed?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Ren Katakura (L8)Ibuki Takahara (L8)(S013) Akihito
    (S014) KeisukeRyouta Sasamori (L7)Souma Yukihira (L7)
    Jack Frost (L9)Todoroki Shouto (L3)Genos (L8)

Please see this thread as to how to install the patch - http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f49/t8...aos_1_2_a.html
    F

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I've tried all that. My problem is that I'm trying to install the official patch - a 16-bit program - on a 64-bit machine, and it refuses to work correctly. The English patch refuses to recognize that the official patch is there, and even then I don't think the official patch installed right because of the technical issues I outlined above.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by AngelZelzel View Post
    I've tried all that. My problem is that I'm trying to install the official patch - a 16-bit program - on a 64-bit machine, and it refuses to work correctly. The English patch refuses to recognize that the official patch is there, and even then I don't think the official patch installed right because of the technical issues I outlined above.
    Oh I see, in that case have you try installing everything game + patch via Vista's compatibility mode to XD . Please let me know how you go ok.
    F

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Keita4ever View Post
    Oh I see, in that case have you try installing everything game + patch via Vista's compatibility mode to XD . Please let me know how you go ok.
    F
    One problem... I AM running XP. XD''' I'll try installing it later in a different compatability mode though, thanks!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Well, I tried running the installers in a lower compatability mode, and I'm still getting the same issues. In addition, I've just noticed that the game crashes right after the first line of spoken dialogue. This was happening before too, I just didn't realize it at the time.

Any tips?

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by AngelZelzel View Post
    Well, I tried running the installers in a lower compatability mode, and I'm still getting the same issues. In addition, I've just noticed that the game crashes right after the first line of spoken dialogue. This was happening before too, I just didn't realize it at the time.

Any tips?
    Ok just to be safe uninstall everything I know its a pain, but this is to be safe. Then follow Twilight's instructions - http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/1158843-post3.html
    Drop me a VM if it still isn't working ok hun
    F