aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    KitsuneArasi
    To clarify, I've also switched Unicode default to Japanese.

KitsuneArasi
    And it also seems to be asking something about a Module ID...
    o.o

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Gyro Zeppeli (L6)Johnny Joestar (L9)Rufus (L7)
    Jousuke (L2)Rohan (L1)Reno (L4)
    Sanji (L3)Kanbei SB (L1)Chosukabe (chibi) (L1)
    I too am getting the MainSystem.exe error with Windows Vista.

I have tried various versions of compatibility mode (it is currently on Windows XP) and have 'Run as Administrator' ticked. My system is in Japanese for both format and non-Unicode. Despite this, the game chucks up the MainSystem.exe error whenever it tries to load Movie.mod about 5-6 lines into the intro.

Any help you can offer would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by MipTheHappy; 03-09-2013 at 05:01 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Gyro Zeppeli (L6)Johnny Joestar (L9)Rufus (L7)
    Jousuke (L2)Rohan (L1)Reno (L4)
    Sanji (L3)Kanbei SB (L1)Chosukabe (chibi) (L1)
    After searching further into the forums, I have found a solution that has worked for me!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkCesia View Post
    I had the same problem and read the solution in one of the treads but can't remember which one. Solution: Just take out the opening video and it should work, to me it only played as sound so I didnt care and I just erased it. I hope this will help
    I have now managed to get past the point where I originally crashed. Perhaps the problem could stem from not having the correct codec to view the .avi?

For those that use this method to get on with the game, the missing movie can be viewed here: Silver Chaos Opening Video - YouTube
    Last edited by MipTheHappy; 03-09-2013 at 05:01 AM.

KitsuneArasi
    Finally installed and error free...minus the ability to save.
    Is there any way to fix that?
    o.o

Or maybe I'm just not clicking the right thing?
    Last edited by KitsuneArasi; 02-02-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@___@ okay, well, I installed the game and I'm trying to install the 1.2 patch, which is where I'm having trouble. Whenever I try to run the SETUP.EXE I get the error message

C:\Documents and Settings\'the rest of the file path here'

The parameter is incorrect

I've downloaded the SilverChaos1.2.EXE file twice from two different sources but the setup file still isn't running-- and I have no idea why, does anybody else have an idea?
    I've looked around the forum and watched that (very helpful o . o) video, but I haven't found anybody who has the same problem as me > __ <;;

Okay, after about a half hour of browsing the forms I found a way around my problem--

Basically if you get the .rar file from Twilight like I did, then you just open up the rar archive and double click the patch 1.2 from there and it'll install.

So, incase anybody else has the same problem as me >___o that's how I managed to fix it.
    Last edited by Maren; 02-08-2009 at 11:50 PM. Reason: I'm a failure.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Well, I've downloaded the patches and installed the game. I installed the patch 1.2.exe, then some files appear. But when I tried to install SCpatch.exe, it says, 'You must install patch v1.2 of SilverChaos!', which I've already done. Help please!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I installed SC with the english traslation in Vista so if you guys have questions let me know and I'll see if I could help...*i'll try anyway*
    but..I have a *stupid* question...
    :0 how do you exit? I tried "esc" but it didnt work..and there was no exit feature on the tabs..so how do I do that XD?

IMJ009
    Ohnoes! D=
    I got a problem..
    I succesfully isntalled everything,
    So I started the game and clicked "start" you get the little sotry about a devil blablabla, then some1 says Our 1st lesson will be about heaven or something, and then I get Mainsystem.exe error.
    How do I fix this?

I use Windows XP Professional.
    I tried setting it to different compatibilities, I can't set it to XP tho... :S
    Last edited by IMJ009; 02-16-2009 at 01:04 PM.

multipoopsie

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut View Post
    For me, I also had to change run the exe files as Administrator. If you do this from the MainSystem.exe file, it will run fine, but in Japanese [at least, that's what happened for me], so use the pretty Silver Chaos.exe one and run it as Adminstrator from that one. Just go to Properties, Compatibility, and change the compatibility mode and choose to run it as an Administrator.

And it's working fine!

Thank you so much to everyone!!
    Works great now! Hooray! Thank you!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast