aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    ldd4223
    For those of you still having a problem with Silver Chaos, I found two websites that should help those of you still wanting to play the game, especially Window Users.

Go here to get a patch they have for the game:
    http://blgames.ukepile.com/database/silver/silver.php

Go here to set your language for the game right:
    http://blgames.ukepile.com/install/installation.php

Zanna
    Hey guys. I was wondering if anybody can help me. I installed silver chaos on my computer. My system is set to Japanese Uni-something programs, and I run windows XP. I installed the version that doesn’t ask me for the CD and when I click the icon a little tiny window comes up that says silver chaos, but as soon as that window comes up I get another series of windows.

First a window comes up titled Audio Base. In the window is says Primary Sound Buffer (Japanese writing) I click OK. Then another message comes that says DirectSound (Japanese writing) I click OK. Then a window comes up with Japanese writing across the top and it says <audiobase.mod> (Japanese writing) I click OK again. Finally a window comes up that is titled SysAttachModule::GetModuleID. It says (Japanese writing) 225DAE91-EA81-4F72-A890-7BE411F5B200 I click OK again. Then nothing happens at all. It just closes and the little silver chaos screen goes away again.

I’ve read most of these forum posts to try to figure out what was wrong, but nobody seems to be having this problem. Before I installed the English patch, it used to turn black and change my pixel resolution before giving be the traditional Microsoft “send error report” message and closing. I’m completely new to all of this and appreciate if somebody could give me a hand.

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Kazuki (L1)

Exclamation

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!
    im getting the MAINSYSTEM ERROR too...

here's what i did...

1. install silver chaos and patch and ligos indeo codec
    2. run the patch
    3. click mainsystem.exe
    4. click start

then.... im getting this mainsystem error with the usual send, dont send buttons...

please help.... puleaaaaaaaaaaase! *insert puppy dog eyes here* TT

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@People having problems with silver chaos english patch.
    http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t5...port_need.html

If your game doesn't crash at one of the 2 points listed in the support thread i can probably solve your problem if you supply more info about your system:
    -Which version of windows are you running?
    -Do you have japanese support installed?
    -Also if you can read any text in the game, what is the last line of text you can read before the game crashes?
    -And a screenshot of the actual error screen would be nice(only useful if it contains a numerical value).

@Zanna:
    Your problem is most likely due to an audio problem(the game fails to init its audio module), have you installed directx?

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Kazuki (L1)
    @LostUno
    oh, thank you so much for your help!!! it's now working!!! thank you, thank you!!!

Yaoi Fan
    Savings

Heero (L4)Duo (L5)Iason (L9)
    Riki (L9)Ulquiorra (L5)(S006) Klaus
    (S021) Riki
    @LostUno

-Which version of windows are you running?
    Window 98SE

-Do you have japanese support installed?
    Only The Japanese Word Procesor.

-Also if you can read any text in the game, what is the last line of text you can read before the game crashes?
    But, that moment Adonis' thought was cut off, and his modest dream was crushed cruelly...

-And a screenshot of the actual error screen would be nice(only useful if it contains a numerical value).

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

For those interested, loneliness's problem was figured out, it was an ogg codec problem, solution posted on:

http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f16/t5...port_need.html
    Last edited by LostUno; 11-16-2007 at 01:02 PM.

Yaoi Amateur

In various closets, peeping on hot smexy men.
    Savings

Yuuri (L2)Iason (L4)Adonis (L2)
    Shuichi (L5)(S001) Endo
    I'm having the same MainSystem.exe error a couple others are having. I installed the full version of the game, the english patch, directx, and the indeo codecs. I click on the icon to open the game and I get a

SysAttachModule::GetModuleID

19CBAE6C-2BE6-4DC6-9711-90A02EE361CB

It loads the main menu screen fine, and I can access the options and use the exit buttons fine, but when I click to start the game it says MainSystem.exe has stopped working and it closes the game. T___T Its odd, because I've played Silver Chaos before on my older laptop just fine before there was an English language patch and now on a brand new laptop its not working? O.o

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

@moonep:
    Nearly everybody's problems have been solved(except for Zanna's who hasn't replied), if you look on the support thread link i posted earlier, every problem wasn't linked to the patch but to people's computers which is most probably your case too.
    If it crashes as soon as you click on start this is most probably a sound problem.

Possible solutions:
    *Try installing the oggcodecs(link in support thread)
    *If this doesn't work try running dxdiag(Start->run->dxdiag) go in the sound menu and click "test directsound" and see if there is any problem.

If this doesn't work:
    *What os(98,xp,vista?) are you using?
    *Do you have sound(music?) during the main menu?
    *Please provide the full text of the error(s)(including title), usually it should say something about <something.mod> somewhere.

Yaoi Amateur

In various closets, peeping on hot smexy men.
    Savings

Yuuri (L2)Iason (L4)Adonis (L2)
    Shuichi (L5)(S001) Endo
    Sorry to be a bother. I always try to figure things out on my own before I post for help.

I installed the oggcodecs and it still doesn't work, and it said there were no problems in the dxdiag.

I run Vista, and there is sound in the main menu. As I stated in my previous post everything works, like the options menu, its just the game crashes after I try to start the actual storyline. It doesn't give me a single line, it just gives me the MainSystem.exe error.

The numbers and such I posted above is all it says for the error. O.o There's nothing about a .mod error unless that's included with the few ???s there are. I've tried the game with my computer in both English and Japanese language settings.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2...roblem1aj5.gif

Here's a screenshot of what initially shows up when I click to open the game.

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3...roblem2lw1.gif

Here's a screenshot of the next box that opens.

After that 1:6 message the main menu opens just fine with music and everything.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast