aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    nabaris
    oh thank you shandyr, ok i got the files like: splash.dll, norinstall.cfg, mininstall.cfg, intructions.txt, installer.exe, install.cnf, info.disk, icon.ico, fullinstall.cfg, autorun.inf. that's not counting the folder stuff, i hope that's enough though...

Shandyr
    Quote Originally Posted by nabaris View Post
    oh thank you shandyr, ok i got the files like: splash.dll, norinstall.cfg, mininstall.cfg, intructions.txt, installer.exe, install.cnf, info.disk, icon.ico, fullinstall.cfg, autorun.inf. that's not counting the folder stuff, i hope that's enough though...
    Hey what I instantly noticed is that you have "instructions.txt" which actually should be a text-data with instructions of how to install the game attached.

"installer.exe" is THE file you should use for installation, try clicking it - normally the installation menu should show up

all in all to me it doesnt seem that you have to use daemon tools or other stuff like that - just try to install it like an ordinary computer game by clicking "install.exe"

hope I helped you

nabaris
    ya thank you, but i don't know why but when I installed it, it say something about a cd? Do you know what I should do?

Shandyr
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandyr View Post
    Hmm normally you should be able to install SilverChaos without Daemon tool or burning somethin. (well at least I was^^)
    When I tried to install SilverChaos I got that annoying message too, about inserting the CD. In my case the solution was

A) to choose the biggest installation option (the one which takes most
    MB) and
    B) not to switch the system language to japanese until you have installed
    the game --> switch it after you have installed it.

Btw, theres a website concerning BL-Games which explains those ways you mentioned with burning etc. Here's the link

http://blgames.ukepile.com/install/installation.php

Hope that is helpful
    ^^ its just something I already wrote down in this thread^^
    hope it'll help you

Puzzling
    Hi guys, umm, I downloaded Silver Chaos 1 from Tauglanz and i found out that I need a program to change the .CCD .IMG and .SUB files to convert to a readable file... any suggested webbies? =]

Shandyr
    Heeey you =]
    yeah I think you might need something like Daemon Tools
    ---> http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5

Puzzling
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandyr View Post
    Heeey you =]
    yeah I think you might need something like Daemon Tools
    ---> http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/down...tegory&catid=5
    I downloaded it but how exactly is it going to help? x) Could u tell me what I have to do in order for the files to be readable and for me to be able to play the game? X)

Shandyr
    hi there ^^
    no problem mate, here you are

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daemonhelp.php

just look under the different categories on that site, especially under "usage"

(copied from that site)
    Mounting an image:

1. Right-click on the DAEMON Tools trayicon
    2. Select Virtual CD/DVD-ROM
    3. Select Device [?:]
    4. Click Mount
    5. Browse and select the image (this means, the files with the .ccd ending (or another one, just try it out)) you wish to mount
    6. Click OK or double-click on the file to mount

jaonohisui

Exclamation

(ignore this please) I downloaded silver chaos in 2 parts and they came in the files you see to the right of the picture (not the winrar archives). I didn't know what to do and everywhere I read said I needed to extract them with winrar. So I downloaded winrar, archived them in winrar (those are the files to left that I got), then extracted them... which left me with the same files as I had originally, so I deleted the copies. I would guess that my computer automatically extracted them (or something like that), but now I don't know what to do.

Please help if you can! (/ignore this please)

(begin edit)

I deleted the files I had because I started to extract the first one and it asked for a disk containing the second part, so I browsed and gave it the second part. Everything was going fine until I got an error message stating that the second part was corrupt.

I redownloaded from a different user in seven parts and I tried extracting them the way I did the first time, thinking that it would be simple and I would merely do the same thing with the seven parts instead of just the two and all would be fine and dandy... But no. I extracted part one and I got a folder with four files in it:

except for the folder. That didn't come until I tried extracting the next part (2) into the same folder, thinking that perhaps everything would work all right if it was all in the same folder. That didn't work as I only got seemingly the same files each time I extracted a different part. I clicked the patch file to see what it would do, and I got a folder named module with this in it:

I am really at a loss for what to do now. I read this thread (the whole thing), but I didn't see anyone who was having the same problem that I was.

Silver Chaos 2 worked fine on my computer, but I worked with that one only after I had downloaded it in one part. Japanese script works fine on my computer (I'll throw that in since it seems to be a common problem).

Thank you to anyone that can help!
    Last edited by jaonohisui; 07-28-2007 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Circumstances changed.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Jean SnK (L8)Camus (L6)Armin SnK (L9)
    Armin SnK (young) (L8)Erwin SnK (L9)Kanato Sakamaki (L6)
    Okey, for people who still can't play a game. I had the same problem, even after installing that codec and changing language to japanise I had those '?' symbols. Well, I though that I changed language right since I couldn't use polish symbols on my computer anymore and while going on sites like google.pl I had everything in japanese. But, I was wrong Go to your control panel once more and change EVERYTHING that you can to japanese, check every option. There is something about programs that can't something about Unicode (I am to lazy to think how translate it to you properly) that's where you have to choose japanese. Okey, but better somebody tell me HOW to play those games... I mean I am only clicking and clicking, I now that what I should do, but I fell like I am going throught the game and nothing depends on me. I can't see where I can choose any option, I am just clicking on this box with text. That's fun.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast