aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

bleutangerine

Silver Chaos 1.2 Glitch Patch won't open

Hi!

I've successfully downloaded the game, but I've been having some problems getting the 1.2 glitch patch of Silver Chaos to work on my Windows 10 computer.
    Here's what I've done so far:
    First, I downloaded and unzipped the glitch patch into a different folder from the game.
    Then, I clicked on "Patch 1.2" to run the patch and a bunch of files came out. Then I clicked on "Patch 1.2" again and got a pop up that looked like it was installing and had the words "Install Directory" but then it disappeared and the second pop up window (the one with all the Japanese) never came up.

I've been working on it all day, but it won't work no matter what I do. I'd be really grateful for some help. What have I done wrong???
    Last edited by bleutangerine; 04-07-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello bleutangerine! ^_^

You're talking about the SilverChaos patch 1.2, but have you actually installed the base game first? A patch is just that, a small portion of the game that is to be fixed. ^^

Do you perhaps have a screenshot of the ALL files you downloaded...?

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Silver chaos 1.2 glitch patch fixed for myself

Here's what I did:

So someone else had a post on another website that helped me figure out the rest of what I needed to do in order to get my game working. So if it helps I want to also re-create another (I know pain in the butt to read through) detailed response and see if that also helps anyone else out.

Game installation: (first off, idk if game installs provided on that forum are any different from the game files on aarinfantasy, but if they are or if you want to you can get them from where I got them). I downloaded the game via:

Forums - Yaoi Otaku Forum: The Yaoi Forums)

You'd have to make an account, and then click on the BL games download thread and find it via their aphabetical list.

Now, let's go over the Rar downloads:

•I downloaded a 3 part Rar series titled as so:

1) Silver Chaos.part 1 rar
    2) Silver Chaos.part 2 rar
    3) Silver Chaos.part 3 rar

Those of course showed up in my downloads folder.

Next I downloaded the 1.2 patch, English patch, and a SAVE CG Rar that came with it. They all came in a Rar format.

They were titled:
    • 1.2 glitch patch rar
    • English patch rar
    • silver_save rar

Likewise, they also showed up in my downloads folder. Now here is where things start to get confusing for some people. But follow along, and I hope this helps you. Also, sorry if I'm reiterating what you already know/have tried in the beginning.

First: I'm using a current HP 360 windows laptop and windows 10, which utilizes file explorer.

I leave my 'Downloads Window' open, and I open a second file explorer window.

I place the windows side by side. And I go to where I keep my games.

For example game folder titled:

•Yaoi Games:

Then within that folder, I have other game folders that exist there. Such as Sweet Pool, or Zombilica.

Next: I move over to the downloaded Rar files, and starting in the order that I saw them in a YouTube video installation guide (just in case) is how I go about moving them over.

First is: 1.2 glitch patch rar
    Second: English patch rar
    Third: Silver Chaos.part 1 rar
    4th: Silver Chaos.part 2 rar
    5th: Silver Chaos.part 3 rar
    6th: silver_save rar

Now notice, I just MOVED them over to my games folder titled: Yaoi Games.

I did not extract them (YET), nor did I make another folder for them (YET).

Next I create a folder for them in my Yaoi Games Folder titled:

SILVER CHAOS ALL FILES

Then I go to my Rars that I moved over to my Yaoi games folder in one window and I start to extract them all. Then I look for their existing file folders . After they are extracted form their Rar format, you will end up with folders vs a rar file.

My folders were titled as such:

• 1.2 glitch patch

• english patch

• Silver Chaos

• silver_save

Just like their Rar file names. But now they look like folders instead so keep that in mind. Now, I read on multiple forums that you have to keep all of the FOLDERS (NOT the prior extracted rars), JUST the FOLDERS (from after extractions) in 1 MAIN FOLDER, for them all. Hence me making a folder in my Yaoi Games folder titled:

Silver Chaos All Files:

(I know, a folder (SCAF) within a folder (YAOI GAMES), within my downloads area.

I then move the extracted folders into the SCAF folder.

From here it might be easier to follow the YouTube video example:

•(Also, make sure your local is set to Japanese before you run this process. If it already wasn't, you have to restart your computer after you click on it).

Next, I click on the Silver Chaos folder. Then within that, I click on the installer application, and I click 'yes' that I want to run it. (Keep in mind this may not work if you don't have administration access). Then the installer will load and a window will pop up that's in Japanese.

Like the video guide shows on Youtube:

Click the top left button (that installs it) (the bottom button underneath un-installs the game. You will only get the option to un-install it if you have already installed it prior. I would use the option to start over if you were having problems and start from scratch following this guide).

Now, after you click to install it, another screen will pop up with a drop down menu. You click the menu down arrow and pick the second option that is the 600MB option.

Now in the video they click the browse button to pick where they want it downloaded. I DON'T do that, as one time when I did I couldn't find the installer and un-installing it became a nightmare. So, I just click the install button and let it install where it will go to on it's own.

It will pop up with another menu saying it has never seen the folder or it doesn't exist and asks if you want to create it. Say "YES". Then it does it's thing, maybe you have to click a couple more next buttons (I don't remember) but then it's done. That's it. Game installed. It may even pop up with the game process to show it works. I hit exit on the game window and go back to the Silver Chaos All Files folder or SCAFF in this case.

(Also, Feel free to install Google translate onto your phone and activate the camera option while you have it read the computer screen buttons if you feel it helps you.)

Next is the 1.2 Glitch patch!:

They will tell you to click on it, and then the Patch 1.2 application installer...only for me it kept popping up the window and then force closing it. Then I thought...maybe it has something to do with a "Main.exe error" I heard people were having on multiple forums.

So I went and clicked on the desktop icon for Silver chaos. Then from the menu I clicked Trouble Shoot Compatability. I ran the test, and nothing popped up. But I worried it just wasn't seeing anything.

So, I clicked that it used to run on earlier programs and selected the Vista XP Service 3 pack that someone mentioned it working on for them. So I saved the settings and tried running the 1.2 patch again...no dice.

Then I found a random forum website (which looked really shady tbh) where someone mentioned their window Force closing on it's own and I was like finnnalllly a possible resolve!!.

So they pointed out needing to find whatever Setup.exe process was running and end it. Only I tried this in 2020, and maybe in 2019 and was unable to figure it out...until now.

First:
    I restarted my computer in order to make sure my task manager was clear of any multiple Setup.exe processes from having tried to install the 1.2 patch multiple times.

After my computer came back on it, I ran the 1.2 patch again. I waited for it to close on it's own like before. Then I re-opened up my task manager. Task manager will open up under PROCESSES. There was nothing in apps there that I noticed as a Setup.exe process. But I noticed a process I hadn't seen before, under [Back-ground Processes].

THE PROCESS that was off, underneath BGP for me was titled:

• "32 bit launcher (something, something)". So, I highlighted it and clicked on it. Then I said "view in details". It took me to the details tab where it was highlighted as a Setup.exe. I looked around and noticed no other Setup.exe and figured "this must be it!"

So I clicked on it and then proceeded to click on the button titled:

• Analyze wait chain

It told me it was waiting for a process titled something like HP12372 (there were numbers behind HP, I just don't remember what). I selected both the box for Setup.exe, and the box for HP12372 (again select both empty boxes until they are check marked) and I hit END PROCESS. It said "are you sure" and I said "yes".

Then I closed my task manager. Tried again with the file 1.2 glitch patch , and voila! It worked. Then I proceeded to download the English Patch, and HEY what do you know, that worked as well!

So, Don't give up! And I hope this long@$$ response wasn't a pain to read, and that it also helps someone else too!

Good luck. After trying multiple times, and watching videos and trying again and going to multiple forums...you'll prob find someone's solution that eventually works for you.

Also, apologies for the long reply. But I re explained downloading everything from scratch, incase some of you like myself needed a fresh re-start with it all.

Last edited by Lee23; 04-21-2021 at 02:39 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I was also able to get it to work on my lenovo laptop with win 11. I swear old bl game installations are such meticulous rituals and if the stars don't align try again next year .

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKissh View Post
    I was also able to get it to work on my lenovo laptop with win 11. I swear old bl game installations are such meticulous rituals and if the stars don't align try again next year .
    OMG, right!? I had never played this old game before, and was curious from what people had said about it and wanted to see what it was about, but it really was a pain in the a$$ just to install it, but not being able to install it just made me want to install it all that much more . Glad I could help, and that you got it installed!