aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

NyankoNatsume (L1)Izaya (L3)
    Celty (L4)Kaneki Ken (white hair) (L9)Kuroko (L8)
    Asato (L9)Batman (L1)Jason Todd (L8)

Textractor showing Japanese but not English

Hi,

I was playing Omega Vampire using VNR before the translations suddenly stopped and I got real tired of trying to figure out the problem before switching over to textractor. With textractor, it seems that the Japanese shows up but not the English? How do I fix this?

sigh.jpg

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Shepard (L1)Star 1 (Yellow)Shepard (L6)
    Wing 1 (Left)Legion (L7)Wing 1 (Right)
    Garrus Vakarian (L10)Star 1 (Silver)Thane Krios (L7)
    Hello eternalabyss,

Have you tried selecting the [Extensions] option and then check if any of the translation tools are added?

To add an extension, right-click inside the list of extensions. You can find the translation extensions (.xdll files) inside the Textractor folder. After adding the extension, you'll have to arrange the extension on the list.

It doesn't work to add more than one translation extension, because it'll send the translated text from the first translator to the second translator.

Example of an extension list in Textractor:
    • Remove Repeated Characters
    • Remove Repeated Phrases
    • Regex Filter
    • Copy to Clipboard
    • Replacer
    • Google Translate
    • Extra Window
    • Extra Newlines
    • Styler

If the translation service gives a 400 error code, you may have to try using another translator extension, using a VPN, and/or adding an API key to the translation extension's settings. The API key may require a paid subscription to the specified translation service, though.
    Last edited by Cheremonda; 06-02-2021 at 11:42 PM. Reason: fixed duplicate text

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Cheremonda View Post
    Hello eternalabyss,

Have you tried selecting the [Extensions] option and then check if any of the translation tools are added?

To add an extension, right-click inside the list of extensions. You can find the translation extensions (.xdll files) inside the Textractor folder. After adding the extension, you'll have to arrange the extension on the list.

It doesn't work to add more than one translation extension, because it'll send the translated text from the first translator to the second translator.

Example of an extension list in Textractor:
    • Remove Repeated Characters
    • Remove Repeated Phrases
    • Regex Filter
    • Copy to Clipboard
    • Replacer
    • Google Translate
    • Extra Window
    • Extra Newlines
    • Styler

If the translation service gives a 400 error code, you may have to try using another translator extension, using a VPN, and/or adding an API key to the translation extension's settings. The API key may require a paid subscription to the specified translation service, though.
    Hi Cheremonda,

I added a translation extension, but not sure if it works? I see it in the extension but the translation is still Japanese.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

These settings should work:

If not, consider reinstalling/updating Textractor.

You can also use this browser extension that gets text from the clipboard (which is automatically copied from Textractor) and pastes it into the currently opened translation website:
    https://github.com/Artikash/Textract...ment-737599354

Though, I recommend configuring VNR considering the translations are far better and can be embedded into the game and even translate parts of the UI (choices, text log, save/load game names etc).

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Throne View Post
    These settings should work:

If not, consider reinstalling/updating Textractor.

You can also use this browser extension that gets text from the clipboard (which is automatically copied from Textractor) and pastes it into the currently opened translation website:
    https://github.com/Artikash/Textract...ment-737599354

Though, I recommend configuring VNR considering the translations are far better and can be embedded into the game and even translate parts of the UI (choices, text log, save/load game names etc).

Thanks so much!! It worked for textractor. I did want to use VNR but it stopped translating midway for me andI couldn't figure out how to fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like I spoke too soon, I keep getting a 'too many requests to translate' error

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

That usually means that you've been blocked by Google for sending too many translation requests in a short amount of time. Usually, you'll get unblocked after a while, but did you try removing GoogleTranslate and using Bing or DeepL in the same place, with similar settings?
    You can also try that browser extension I mentioned.

They have a video on the page even though it's Russian, but I made a short image guide if it helps:

https://imgur.com/a/mh9XJY9
    Last edited by Throne; 06-03-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Throne View Post
    That usually means that you've been blocked by Google for sending too many translation requests in a short amount of time. Usually, you'll get unblocked after a while, but did you try removing GoogleTranslate and using Bing or DeepL in the same place, with similar settings?
    You can also try that browser extension I mentioned.

They have a video on the page even though it's Russian, but I made a short image guide if it helps:

https://imgur.com/a/mh9XJY9

Hmmm, I am using DeepL right now not Google Translate. This is what I have right now:
    deepl.PNGhm.PNG

Yaoi Supporter
    Savings

Shepard (L1)Star 1 (Yellow)Shepard (L6)
    Wing 1 (Left)Legion (L7)Wing 1 (Right)
    Garrus Vakarian (L10)Star 1 (Silver)Thane Krios (L7)
    Hi eternalabyss,

The replacer can go above the translation extension since it's usually for when you want to manually change the text before you send it over to the translator.

There's a text file called SavedReplacements.txt created in the Textractor folder after you first run Textractor (I think) that you can use to manually replace text with Replacer. It's good for replacing proper names, because translation services don't always get them right.

The SavedReplacements.txt file has some explanations inside on how to use the Replacer extension:

Is DeepL giving you trouble? DeepL will rate-limit translations you send over (by IP address), so sometimes you may have to use a VPN, but even then, it doesn't let you do a lot of translations before cutting you off. Bing does this too.

Have you tried getting and installing the Edge/Chrome extension that Throne mentioned? The link is shown in the imgur image and it goes to a vk wall post that has the .rar file with the extension. (vk. com/ wall-117391361_2493)
    If you have the translation website opened up and Textractor open, you can use that extension to copy Textractor's text over to the translation website without having to worry about the API stopping you.
    (Though I have not personally tested the extension yet.)