aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Omerta Chinmoku no Okite - not launching after installation

So I've spent just about all day trying to figure this out. I've followed the guides both on youtube and in the threads here. I've successfully gotten the game going. However, it only works through Alpharomdie.exe. If I double click the omerta_M icon itself, this prompt pops up, and I'm re-directed to some software support site (btw, I'm using Windows 10):
    lihjl.jpg
    I can only assume it's because the patch doesn't work as it should. But I've followed these instructions given by snowgoose from top to bottom:

1. Clean install Omerta. Note the time. Run once until error appears.
    2. Run a search in your C: for an Alphadisclog.txt. Find the one that's created right when you installed Omerta.
    3. Wherever the file is, copy it to My Documents\SETTEC. Rename older files if necessary.
    4. Copy alsignup tool to Omerta directory. Run once.
    5. Go to ProgramData\Asign (ProgramData is a hidden directory), sort on date, and rename the newest .sig to alsign.sig
    6. Run alsignup tool for Omerta again
    7. Cut and paste the alsign.sig to Omerta directory
    8. Run the game.

When I double clik the
    alsignup_100723b.exe (the patch) after I moved it to the game directory, I get the correct pop-up, and a new .sig is made in the ProgramData folder in the C: disc. But even after I've moved the .sig file to the game directory, I'm still re-directed to the software support site after the prompt, which starts with [1511]... I'm trying to get the game working with VNR to play the game translated in english, but so far I've found no way to combine Alpharomdie and VNR to work together. If someone knows a way to either combine the two or installing the game properly, I'd really really appreciate it Right now my game directory looks like this if it's helpful...:

lkj.jpg
    Last edited by Taruyumi; 10-15-2016 at 06:45 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello Taruyumi! ^_^

Thank you so much for posting what you've done so far. @_@; You have no idea how helpful that is for others to be able to help you.

And ... It looks like you haven't set your computer's System Unicode Locale to Japanese! This might have been an oversight: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f360/t...ml#post4219281

Lastly, did you move ALL of the Omerta files from it's installation folder into the SETTEC folder?

Only the "AlphaDiscLog.txt" should be in that folder, and that's what needs to be copied to your base drive at C:\

Leave Omerta in the original folder you installed it to. ^^ (Which if you've followed the guides here on Aarinfantasy, I'm hoping isn't the default location, yes?)

There should also be two other files named ".data" and ".text" which should be in the same folder as Omerta. Those are also a piece to the problem you're experiencing. The issue is basically the game still isn't finding the fake serial signature, and assuming you need to go online to get your serial code.

Here's an example of the files on my copy, which works. See the difference? ^^ Try finding those .data and .text files! They should be in the folder with the download ISO and hacks.

omerta_files.jpg

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you SO much for replying, you have no idea how grateful I am!

Yes, I changed system locale to Japan before installing, as I've already installed other games before which required that criteria. And I found the .data and .text files in the downloaded folder for the patch, so now the omerta folder looks identical to the folder in the picture you sent me. The pop-up still says [1511] though... Don't know if it's supposed to change something but...

However, I should mention that when I installed the game, no new folder appeared on the computer itself. I had to copy the omerta folder from BD-ROM-station ( E: ) omerta and make the SETTEC folder myself manually (I read somewhere that it had to be called SETTEC... Have no idea how or why, but the alsignup_100723b.exe won't work unless the folder is called SETTEC) I placed the folder in Documents, so I don't really know where the default location should've been.

AND, I'm guessing you meant that ONLY the Alphadisclog.txt is to be placed in that folder? I made a different folder called Omerta and placed the Alphadisclog.txt only in the SETTEC folder and the rest in the Omerta folder. Both of the folders I placed in Documents. The alsignup_100723b.exe works fine this way.
    But then (embarrassing question), "base driver"? Baka de sumimasen... Is it perhaps just the C:\? Cause for some reason, when I moved the SETTEC folder with the Alphadisclog.txt from Documents to C:\, an error happens when I double click alsignup_100723b.exe:
    ikjz.jpg
    When I placed the Alphadisclog.txt back to Documents, I got the correct pop-up, and a .sig file is made in ProgramData. So I'm still lost as to what exactly the problem is.... Plz help me
    Last edited by Taruyumi; 10-15-2016 at 06:48 AM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    The fact that your error messages aren't showing Japanese characters leads me to believe that the System Unicode Locale for your computer isn't set to Japanese any longer... ^^;; You might want to have a look at that.
    ( http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f360/t...ml#post4219281 )

Here's some information for you, so you can retrace your steps to see if anything went wrong. ^_^

You'll need to actually run the installer from the ISO. You can't just copy the Omerta files, as it writes some important information to your System Registry!

A good location to install Omerta:
    C:\Games\KarinChatnoirOMEGA\omerta\
    Afterwards, put the .data and .text files in there along with the "alsignup_100723b.exe"

Run the game ONCE (it will fail, but this is fine). Close.

Look in:
    C:\Users\(YourUsername)\Documents\SETTEC\

Find and Copy: AlphaDiscLog.txt

Goto and Paste: C:\

There should now be a file: C:\AlphaDiscLog.txt

Now run: "alsignup_100723b.exe"

It should pop up a window with some text that starts with: DCOC

Goto:
    C:\ProgramData\ASign

Copy the .sig file and then paste it into your Omerta installation folder.

Make sure to rename it "alsign.sig" and try again! o.o

Good luck!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you!

From these directions, I was able to download and install the game. I ran into the same problems you have ran into. I was able to fix it. Thank you!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

well.. thank you to the both of you! Two years later I was having he same issue and I solved it thanks to this thread yay! btw I think I figured out what OP was doing wrong (aside from missing the .data and .txt files): once you run the "alsignup...exe" successfully you need to go to programData\Asign and rename the "DCOC..." you just created into "asign.sig", copy that file into Omerta's installation folder. DONE. Don't run the "alsignup...exe" again or you'll generate another DCOC and for whatever reason it won't work anymore. I'm leaving this here for posterity

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I can't find ".text" and ".data" ????

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Mad Hatter (L8)Samatoki (L7)Camus (L8)
    Reiji Kotobuki (L4)JJ (L1)Makoto (L5)
    (S091) ZagreusBernardo Ortolani (L2)(S071) Malleus Draconia
    the .text and .data files are nowhere to be found, making the game unlaunchable, even(
    and nowhere on aarin can I find any data about that

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Exclamation .text .data can't be found!! Omerta

I downloaded Omerta game and also the patch here in Aarinfantasy, when you extract the patch doesn't have the .text and .data file just the "alsignup_100723b.exe". So I followed the installation guide, but nothing worked...

I can't find another patch download in any other sites, all of them are down, or they excluded the link...so I don't know if it's these two files the error or something different.

And when I went to C:\ProgramData\ASign I didn't need to rename the ".sig" file because it was already like "alsign.sig", so I just copy the file and then paste it into Omerta installation folder.

But the 123 error continued to appear

YES my computer's System Unicode Local is set to Japanese
    YES
    AlphaDiscLog.txt is in Documents Folder named SETTEC

So I don't really know the problem, but I appreciate if someone help me, even if i don't resolve the problem I'll wait for someone else to post a new download link!

thks

Last edited by PESADAWN; 09-09-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thumbs up Omerta guide installation solution

Hey everyone! I was having issues with Omerta because the ".data" and ".txt" file, they didn't appear to me...so I started looking for a way to solve the problem.

Here is the installation guide

1- Select all parts then right click Extract Here or if you are using 7-Zip do the same

2- It will appear the "alsignup_100723b.exe" and the iso

3- Click in the omerta.iso...then lunch.exe and run as Admin

4- Click in the first option, select (N), (N) again, mark the circle (A), the last one click in "aasdのみ(M)"...now wait for the installation. Close when you're done!

5- Now go back to the folder that is "alsignup_100723b.exe" double click

6- It will appear an error "DCOC9114195", just close

7- Copy and paste the "alsignup_100723b.exe" into your game folder
    C:\Users\(YourUsername)\AppData\Local\Programs\Kar inChatnoirOMEGA\omerta -
    right here
    (Even though you installed it on your Program Files folder it was installed in a different folder) but it's okay

9- Now right click in "omerta_M.exe" and select run as Admin

10- It will appear an error...click OK

11- Now go to your Local Disk C:\ and will appear somewhere "AlphaDiscLog.txt"

12- Create a SETTEC folder in your Documents, copy the "AlphaDiscLog.txt" and paste in the SETTEC folder

13- Now go back to your game folder, run the"alsignup_100723b.exe"

14- You will get and error again "DCOC9114195"

15- Go to C:\ProgramData\ASign and you'll see a .sig file "DCOC91141954065530HD.sig"
    Only this one must be there, but if you have other .sig files just exclude them and leave this one!

16- Rename that as "alsign.sig". Then back to your game folder, run the "alsignup_100723b.exe" again and it will create another .sig file

17- Now you have two .sig files, "DCOC91141954065530HD.sig" and the "alsign.sig" that you renamed

18- Cut the "alsign.sig"and paste into the game folder

19- Ummount/eject the iso in Local Disk D: omerta, right click and eject

20- Now run the game and have fun!

You actually don't need the .data and .txt file to play the game

Well, don't forget to change the System Locale of your computer to Japanese and restart the computer.

If you guys are having trouble with the VNR, here a guide for you!
    https://nanonadines.tumblr.com/post/...kite-vnr-guide

Bye
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by PESADAWN; 09-09-2020 at 04:49 PM.