aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Can the Togainu no Chi patch work for official game?

I've tried all the possible fixes for Togainu no Chi but the game always freezes after loading. The 'unclick the edit save description box' and right-clicking the preview window, etc etc. none of that worked.

I gave up and decided to uninstall completely, but since the game is now available to buy, and it works on Windows 10 now, I was wondering if it's possible to download it officially and run the English patch to see if it works anyways.

I can read some Japanese but I don't want to play the whole game in Japanese, my brain would fry.

Here's the official buying link that has some details, there is a popup to translate it into English:
    https://dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/en/detail/hobc_0511/

If possible, I would rather just download the official game and add a patch to it, but since I don't know if it'll work I'd rather not spend the 40 bucks!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suara View Post
    I've tried all the possible fixes for Togainu no Chi but the game always freezes after loading. The 'unclick the edit save description box' and right-clicking the preview window, etc etc. none of that worked.

I gave up and decided to uninstall completely, but since the game is now available to buy, and it works on Windows 10 now, I was wondering if it's possible to download it officially and run the English patch to see if it works anyways.

I can read some Japanese but I don't want to play the whole game in Japanese, my brain would fry.

Here's the official buying link that has some details, there is a popup to translate it into English:
    https://dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/en/detail/hobc_0511/

If possible, I would rather just download the official game and add a patch to it, but since I don't know if it'll work I'd rather not spend the 40 bucks!

Unfortunately, the newer Windows 10 version of the game is NOT compatible with the English patch, because it was remade using a newer Nitro+CHiRAL scripting engine.

On the plus side, you don't need to worry about being unable to read it in English... The game has been officially translated to English! ^_^ It is available on Steam and on JAST Blue's website. (And from what I understand, it's the same translation (with some tweaks) as the old English patch).

https://jast.blue/

If you can, support the developers by purchasing it, and show them that the west cares about English BL games!

P.S. If you buy from Jast Blue's website, and not steam, you get the 18+ version included with it. The Steam version was censored to be able to put on Steam.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Omg, I tried searching for the game but only saw the Steam version and True Blood, I can't believe I can find the Japanese game but not the English one hahaha

It's also cheaper than the Japanese one, I will definitely be saving up for this! (Definitely the Jast Blue one!)

Thank you for letting me know! It's been so many years since I played, and now I can get the official game! Exciting!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Suara View Post

https://dlsoft.dmm.co.jp/en/detail/hobc_0511/word finder

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble getting Togainu no Chi to work.
    As for whether the English patch will work with the official game, it's hard to say for sure without trying it. However, if you're hesitant to spend $40 just to test it out, you could try reaching out to other fans of the game to see if they've had success with the same approach.
    In any case, I hope you're able to find a solution that works for you!