aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

[SOLVED] Visual Novel Reader isn't translating to English! (; ;)

Since I got VNR and Shingakkou yesterday, everything had been working perfectly fine until VNR shut down and I had to start it again. :C That is where everything went downhill

VNR, specifically google translate and some others, aren't translating from Japanese to English anymore, so where the translated text is supposed to be, it's just in Japanese.

Screenshot (20).jpg
    ^^^
    The first line of text in the screenshot is text from the game, but the bottom text before was in english and translated the game very well until now.. Instead of being translated to english, its just a repeat of the game's text. TT__TT

These are what my options and preferences on VNR looks like, if anyone is able to notice something wrong!!
    vvv
    Screenshot (21).jpgScreenshot (22).jpg

Thank you so much!! <3

EDIT: Too much difficulty with VNR so I searched around for some solutions and found out about textractor ! It's a much more minimal, simple to use translating application that does the exact same job as VNR!! I'd definitely recommend it. Here is a tutorial just in case anyone is reading this and is interested ~

what it looks like:
    Screenshot (25).jpg
    translations aren't perfect, but what else could we expect from a machine? hehe, but you'll get the overall gist of things so not much to complain about~.

EDIT EDIT: VNR works for me again! I played around a bit by unchecking all the boxes I had checked, and once they were all unchecked I checked the boxes all over again and surprisingly enough the translations were back to english haha. ^^ I know people have been having trouble with VNR lately, so I hope this strategy works for those who need it!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dollfishu; 07-01-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Itachi (L10)Sasuke (L12)Naruto (Kyuubi) (L10)
    Griffith (L1)Star 1 (Silver)Guts (L1)
    Flower 1 (Pink)Matsukawa Sougorou (L9)Sephiroth (L12)

I found a couple of helpful guides about the Visual Novel Reader:

https://nanonadines.tumblr.com/post/...kite-vnr-guide
    ^
    On this guide I saw that you and the person who made the guide have different settings. I don't know if that's what makes the difference since I haven't used the Visual Novel Reader myself. I see they have the machine translation crossed out/unchecked like this: machine translation.

On the other screenshot they have checked both Google.com multilingual translation service and Enable Japanese-English translation script (by @riz) like you but the option English -> below remains grey and unchecked. Again I don't know if this is the issue.

You can check the settings and instructions and see which are helpful and which are not.

The other guide is this:
    https://vnrpg.wordpress.com/2018/07/...understand-it/

I hope one of these guides can help you! Good luck!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you so much for always being so helpful and taking the time to lend a hand!!

I've tried following the guides word for word and change up the settings as the guide suggests, but unfortunately the text is still in Japanese ... ε-(´・`) I feel pretty stuck on what to do now, but perhaps I'll try finding a way to uninstall VNR where it doesn't remember my previous info so I start from scratch, in case I messed up something along the way of trying to fix this mess ehehe

Thank you for the encouragement!! <3

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

You're welcome!
    I'm sorry to read that the guides couldn't help with the problem. I wish your VNR will work properly again!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

was a tough journey, but yay~! got things to work somehow!!
    thank you so, so much! the guides have especially helped me learn a lot more about visual novels in the first place, so I am forever grateful !!! ❤︎

Extreme Yaoi Guru

Savings

Yey! I'm so glad that it works fine now! You're welcome! I really didn't do much.
    I'm glad that the guides are helpful! Enjoy the game! Have fun! ^___^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

How did you make things work again? For me the visual Novel reader has the same problem, google translation is not working, well, works for about one hour and then stoped, I have to constantly use vpn to change it back to translate.
    And Textractor is good, but is dead now too, the developer said last month that he will not update the Textractor anymore, so...

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I got VNR to work again, fortunately! I was just playing around with the settings and eventually it started to work again haha ^__^ I hope this will work for you too!

So what I did was uncheck all settings/checkboxes in VNR and then checked all of the checkboxes I originally had again. It's pretty simple, but it seemed to work and after that, the translations showed up in English!! :0 Let me know if this ended up working for you.

And textractor not being updated sucks a lot ( ; n ; ) but its great that it does work and that the application is still up. But if you don't have the LEC translator and Atlas translator extension that you can download online, I totally recommend it!! The translations have been really accurate with it :>! if for some reason VNR doesn't end up working for you, i can totally send you a pic of my saved extensions on textractor!
    Last edited by dollfishu; 07-01-2020 at 05:55 PM.