Hey all, I've come to seek help regarding booting up Silver Chaos. There are a number of issues I've run into regarding this whole process.

I've downloaded the 3 SilverChaospartX.rar files as well as the Patch1.2 and English patch. I've got the Japanese system locale on and extracted the files to a folder, open the 'Installer' application (although it's still gibberish despite my system locale. Click the second option from the drop down and install the full game in "VividColor" folder, boot up the game, the title screen works with music playing, option screen works--so far, so good. Except that clicking "Start" immediately results in this when the text box shows up:

(I'm using Windows 10, for reference)

I've tried solutions I found online like trying to put it in an administrated folder and running it as administrator--still get the buffer override error. Change the OpenGL from off to on via NVIDIA Control panel, no luck in there either. I'm basically bummed at this part of the process and I'm bad with this whole technology thing.

Second is trying to patch the 1.2 version. Since the English patch won't patch if it doesn't detect 1.2 patch, I'm pretty bummed here too. I tried running the executable file and see a window with a loading screen that says it will take me to a wizard set up, it doesn't ever show like it does in the installation guide video. So I don't think it patched the game.

Anyone tech savvies willing to lend a hand is super appreciated!