aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Question -HELP- Lamento - sounds playing but with white screen???

i have just finished installing lamento but every time i try to open it... the screen is white but the music is playing??am i missing something? anyone has the same problem?
    sa.jpgCapture.jpgsac.PNG

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Hello haliuka!

I don't have the patch you have, but I recognize the way the game is behaving, as other Nitro+CHiRAL games do this sometimes.

A quick run-down of items to check, to see if one of these might be the cause:

1) Try removing the Patch files, cut them and paste them somewhere safe and try running the game again. If the game starts properly, then the patches may be causing the error. (Redownload them?)

2) I can't see 100% where you installed the game, I can see it's in a 'NitroplusCHiRAL' folder, but is it located in C:\Program Files (x86)\ or somewhere else? If it is the Program Files folder, try right-clicking on the Lamento program, and select 'Run as Administrator'.

3) Alternatively, it may be because of Windows 8. It sometimes has issues running older games. Similar to above, Right-click on the Lamento program, and select the option called 'Properties' at the bottom. There should be a Tab labelled 'Compatibility'. Inside that tab, there will be a checkbox and a drop-down menu near the top that says something along the liens of, "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" Check the box, and select something like "Windows XP SP3", Click the [ Apply ] button, then try again.

I hope one of these works for you. I'm not sure how you installed the game, and if you installed the patch for the game or not. But, good luck!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Here replying to a 6 year old thread heheheh, I'm currently having the same issue and I have tried the sugesstions above, plus everything I could think of since I also recognize the behaviour, but in any case I still cant get the game to work ;; I have Windows 7, I also have reinstalled and uninstalled the game multiple times with evey tutorial I came across with but it just?? doesn't seem to work?? :''(

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Ok Quick talk I already got the game running. With all the files provided from Aarinfantasy's users I kinda managed to make it work properly. Seems like this is an issue that happens with a lot of computers no matter wich version or windows they have, so I'll explain what worked for me on my Windows 7 ultimate HP pavilion 14 sleekbook that's almost 7 years old lol.
    First of all in many installation guides it says to not use the .MDS image file, but that's the one that worked for me, even though I'm not actually sure if //that// was the principal issue.

Before anything, I'm assuming you have installed the game before, so, make sure to copy the sound.npa, voice.npa, voice1.npa files to a safe folder, you'll need them later.

I installed the game normally except for the time that it lets you mark a little box, I unmarked it and the game installed normally. (I'm assuming it asks you about the audio files)

After installing it you have to normally install the LmtDVDVer101 & LmtDVDVer102.
    Then make sure to change the properties of the .exe file, compatibility windows XP sp3(Service Pack 3), and then marking the box of "Run as an administrator".

Finally to run the game you'll have to mount the "boot.iso" image, open the game and it should run normally, I hope.
    You'll notice it'll run without audio, that's why you need the .npa files I mentioned. You have to paste them in the game folder normally "C:/program files(x86)/NitroplusCHiRAL/
    Lamento -BEYOND THE VOID- DVD"
    And then, the game now should start and run normally with audio and video.

A little bit late answer but I wanted to put it here so if other people have the same issue in the future, at least this worked for me and might work for them too.
    Good luck!

Last edited by DaruNiko; 01-13-2020 at 09:36 AM. Reason: adding information