aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Exclamation Gakuen Heaven 2 PC Game - Flickering

Hi, I installed the game and when I open it, it flickers like crazy. I have no problems with other games though. Here is a short recording: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0tp1xjzbv..._2902.MOV?dl=0

Any advice?

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

Rei (L3)Shinji (L4)Kaworu (L4)
    Aki (L7)Akihito (L4)Sono (L3)
    Reinhard (L10)Saralegui (L3)Shinobu (L6)
    What is your OS, the VGA?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by libertypo View Post
    What is your OS, the VGA?
    I played on my Macbook Pro (Graphics - Intel Iris Pro) under Virtual Machine (Parallel Desktop - Windows 8). I even installed the Direct X that came with the game installation but does not help at all. I have played other games (e.g. Paradise, Hashihime, etc) but this had never happened. In fact this is the first game that I played under the SiglusEngine thing...I'm not really sure what's going on.

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

It could be just about anything starting from parallels and including siglusenine.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by libertypo View Post
    It could be just about anything starting from parallels and including siglusenine.
    Hopefully someone knows the cause of this. I tried install it on my surface pro and there is no flickers...it might be Siglusengine and Parallels doesn't go well together

Yaoi Veteran
    Savings

I tend to think it's the siglus engine since gakuen was never, officially, ported to the engine

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    When I worked at a video game studio some years ago, we found that Parallels didn't play nicely with DirectX 9.0c (Which is used in like, 99% of the Japanese VN's), and we were forced to use OpenGL for our games to work properly.

I'm not saying this is 100% your problem, but it's very possible.

Have you tried other Siglus Engine games in Parallels?

Lastly, which version of Windows 8 are you running? (Base 8, 8.1?) If you're really serious about playing older Visual Novels, I would suggest NOT using Windows 8 as a virtual machine, and instead use Windows 7.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    When I worked at a video game studio some years ago, we found that Parallels didn't play nicely with DirectX 9.0c (Which is used in like, 99% of the Japanese VN's), and we were forced to use OpenGL for our games to work properly.

I'm not saying this is 100% your problem, but it's very possible.

Have you tried other Siglus Engine games in Parallels?

Lastly, which version of Windows 8 are you running? (Base 8, 8.1?) If you're really serious about playing older Visual Novels, I would suggest NOT using Windows 8 as a virtual machine, and instead use Windows 7.
    Nope this is the first time I played game running Siglus Engine in Parallels. My Windows version is 8.1. I did run older games (like Koibito Yuugi, Togainu no Chi, Si nis Kanto, Pigeon Blood) on Parallel and they run fine (not sure if they run Directx 9 or not).

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by yugioh5d View Post
    Nope this is the first time I played game running Siglus Engine in Parallels. My Windows version is 8.1. I did run older games (like Koibito Yuugi, Togainu no Chi, Si nis Kanto, Pigeon Blood) on Parallel and they run fine (not sure if they run Directx 9 or not).
    I see!

Well, let's see... I'll link you to another Siglus Engine game. It's a trial demo for a game called Angel Beats. It's the smallest Siglus Engine thing I could find, even at 1.2GB. But it won't be huge. XP

http://storage2.lathercraft.net/key/...on_ver1.10.zip

Download and install that, then try running it as well to see if it has the same flicker problem.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    I see!

Well, let's see... I'll link you to another Siglus Engine game. It's a trial demo for a game called Angel Beats. It's the smallest Siglus Engine thing I could find, even at 1.2GB. But it won't be huge. XP

http://storage2.lathercraft.net/key/...on_ver1.10.zip

Download and install that, then try running it as well to see if it has the same flicker problem.
    Cool will give it ago when have time. Thanks.