aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Can't save in Omega Vampire

Hello!
    For some reason, I can't save and load in Omega Vampire. Besides that, everything works okay. I've downloaded the version from the mega file link on the forum and crack using AlphaROMdiE as described. Can I fix this? Do you know where the game keeps its save files?
    screen1.png
    (Data and system folders does not seem to have it, the other one is AlphaROM's folder)

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Omega Vampire is a newer game, so it won't save it's data in the same folder it was installed to.

You can find it in your "AppData" folder. You can't normally browse to it by looking at yourdrives folder, or may be on a different harddrive entirely, but it's usually located at:
    C:\Users\YOURLOGINNAME\AppData\Roaming\花梨シム£ãƒŽã‚¢ãƒ¼ãƒ«ã‚ªãƒ¡ã‚¬

Easiest way to get there, is to click on the Start/Windows button, and type/copy and paste:
    %APPDATA%

And hit enter. It will open up your computer's "Save folder". Scroll to the very bottom and look for:
    花梨シャノアールオメガ

If you can't find that folder, it's possible the game doesn't have proper permissions to save there. This game is from the same developer as Omerta, which means when you install it, it asks you whether to let it only be installed for one account, or all users on the computer. You need to make sure it was installed with "All users".

If you already did that, then right-click on the working (cracked) EXE, select "Properties", click on the "Compatibility" tab, then at the bottom find the button above [ OK ] with the yellow and blue shield icon that says "Change settings for all users" and click it. In the next window that pops up, look for a checkbox that says "Run this program as an administrator", click [ Apply ], [ OK ], and just close properties. It might work afterwards.

The game was installed correctly.

EDIT: The issue may also be, that your System Unicode Locale isn't set to Japanese. The game can install fine, as there's no Japanese used in the the files or folder name, but the save data DOES use Japanese, so if you don't have the System Unicode Locale set to Japanese, that might be the issue:
    Japanese Locale Win 7 + Win 8
    Last edited by Kojichan; 04-17-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thank you! The problem was I didn't set my unicode language to Japanese. Now everything works a-okay! Thanks again!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Awesome. Enjoy! ^^