aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Sukisyo First Limit - Installation Help

Hello!

I am apparently doing something wrong when installing Sukisyo First Limit. I have downloaded both the game, and the English patch, and placed everything into a base folder on my C:drive. However, when I use the Sukisyo1.exe file, I run into a bit of a problem. The title screen shows up with English superimposed over top of the Japanese writing. When I start the game, however, I only have Japanese text. The menu in the top left appears the same as the title screen: English superimposed atop Japanese.

Any ideas as to why the game itself isn't running in English?
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
    Ju-Chan

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ju-Chan View Post
    Hello!

I am apparently doing something wrong when installing Sukisyo First Limit. I have downloaded both the game, and the English patch, and placed everything into a base folder on my C:drive. However, when I use the Sukisyo1.exe file, I run into a bit of a problem. The title screen shows up with English superimposed over top of the Japanese writing. When I start the game, however, I only have Japanese text. The menu in the top left appears the same as the title screen: English superimposed atop Japanese.

Any ideas as to why the game itself isn't running in English?
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
    Ju-Chan
    The game's UI comes with English attached to it normally. ^^ As for the English script text... The patch's English script (SCRIPT.cxt, etc) overwrites the original Japanese script files, and need to go into a specific folder.

Would you be able to take a few screenshots of some folders where Sukisho! was installed?

The main folder, with sukisyo1.exe, then go into the CAST folder, which is inside DATA.

So those two screenshots. (Most importantly, the CAST folder!) The English patch should overwrite a few files in the CAST folder: CHARS.cxt, ETC.cxt, EVENT.cxt, EXTRA.cxt, FONT.cxt, and SCRIPT.cxt.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks Kojichan,

I've never actually posted a screenshot, and think that when I tried, I did it wrong. Simply copy and pasting my print screen resulted in a bunch of html text to appear. How do I post so the actual screenshots appear?

I can literally feel my IQ dropping as I type this.
    Ju-Chan
    Last edited by Ju-Chan; 08-23-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Yaoi Lover

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)(S019) TinkleWing 1 (Right)
    Link (L5)Aether (L9)Ezreal LoL (L1)
    Flower 1 (Pink)KiraraFlower 1 (Pink)

I'm not sure if I can help with the sukisyo installation, are you using a mount? i mounted the games on Daemon tools not sure if this exists anymore

for screenshots though you can always download puush or gyzao, I prefer gyazo then you just ctrl shif c and it does caps for you, its nice to have to share memes and such that are hard to link too (like this)

sorry cant be more helpful than this i am bad with computers too

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ju-Chan View Post
    Thanks Kojichan,

I've never actually posted a screenshot, and think that when I tried, I did it wrong. Simply copy and pasting my print screen resulted in a bunch of html text to appear. How do I post so the actual screenshots appear?

I can literally feel my IQ dropping as I type this.
    Ju-Chan

No worries then... I'll post mine. ^^ Just make sure all the files in the folders on your computer, end up matching what I'm posting. If they aren't the same, move the files around!

First off, the game folder itself:
    sukisho_1.JPG

The DATA folder:
    sukisho_2.JPG

And finally, the CAST folder.
    sukisho_3.JPG

Make sure all the files match in their proper place!

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Thanks Kojichan, you are a huge help! (and so patient!)

I have taken a look at the images you posted, and it appears I am missing a file. Everything appears to be in the correct place otherwise, but I am missing the "sukisyo1.dat" file from my base folder. Everything else is there, just not that one. I've gone back to the zip file I downloaded to see if I missed it, but it's not there either. Any suggestions as to where I could find this file?

Many thanks!
    Ju-chan

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

I ended up downloading a different version of the game, and managed to get everything to work. Thanks for your help!!