aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Problems installing Gakuen Heaven 2

I followed all the steps described in the installation guide (https://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/...2-~double.html) and even deactivate the antivirus, but when I try to run the game this message appears:

capture-20181021-015059.png

Does anyone know what it means?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlane View Post
    I followed all the steps described in the installation guide (https://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f145/...2-~double.html) and even deactivate the antivirus, but when I try to run the game this message appears:

capture-20181021-015059.png

Does anyone know what it means?
    It's saying that it cannot find the Setup information, and that your Registry is corrupt. There must have been an issue when you installed the game.

It also suggests to try re-installing the game once more.

Are you running the installer as an Administrator? (Right-click, Run as administrator) Uninstall the game first, before doing the setup/installation again.

Just in case, would you be able to take screenshots of the files you used to install the game with? ^^

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    It's saying that it cannot find the Setup information, and that your Registry is corrupt. There must have been an issue when you installed the game.

It also suggests to try re-installing the game once more.

Are you running the installer as an Administrator? (Right-click, Run as administrator) Uninstall the game first, before doing the setup/installation again.

Just in case, would you be able to take screenshots of the files you used to install the game with? ^^
    I even had some problems at the first installation (replacing the iso disc 1 with disc 2).
    I'll try to install again.

Here some screenshots:

capture-20181023-122200.jpg

capture-20181023-122305.jpg
    capture-20181023-122556.png
    Last edited by Carlane; 10-23-2018 at 11:09 AM.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Yep, I did it! The game is running.
    Now I just need to install the patch in English (apparently this is going to be tricky).

By the way, thank you so much! ;D

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Ah! Good!

Glad it started working for you. XD;

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

um....i know this is very old but.......plz i want to play it again i miss it so much

Hi! Im trying to play Gakuen Heaven 2 again! ( im having a "nostalgia yaoi games marathon" lol) but when I try to open it...it keeps saying "A debugger has been found running in your system Please,unload it from your memory and restart your program" I tried everything but it keeps popping out idk what to do anymore please help me!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Quote Originally Posted by mmmgimmeyaoiboi View Post
    Hi! Im trying to play Gakuen Heaven 2 again! ( im having a "nostalgia yaoi games marathon" lol) but when I try to open it...it keeps saying "A debugger has been found running in your system Please,unload it from your memory and restart your program" I tried everything but it keeps popping out idk what to do anymore please help me!
    There are a few things that can set off those kinds of warnings. ^_^

First things first, are you using a translation hooker like VNR or AGTH? With the English patch now released, you won't need those. Even if they're running in the background with a different game, it still counts as being open.

Second, some antivirus programs can cause this issue as well. They're constantly scanning files for viruses, and the game may misinterpret that as a debugger.

Lastly, try rebooting your system. Even if you turned off anything that might trigger this, Windows still sorta keeps it in "resident memory", so it may act like they're still open, even when they're not. Rebooting can fix this. This works especially if you're using computer tools like Microsoft's "Procmon" program, or another programming/hacking tools.

A good idea is to check to see what programs are running in your Task Manager (Right-click on your Task bar, and select "Task Manager").

Also worth noting... That if the game was improperly installed, it may also cause that problem. :P Heh. Take screenshots of anything and anything you find strange, and even the files for the game to see if the suggestions don't work.