aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Kirie_69

Sweet Pool english patch

Hello!

I'm a super poor, people o.o

I've got Win7 (32-bit). I don't find any useful english patch to the visual novel sweet pool. I've got one from a hungarian forum, but it doesn't work. When I paste the english patch file (eng-patch.npa) (without deleting and renaming anything - I didn't renamed and deleted the original japan file [nss.npa] neither.) in the "C://NitroplusCHRIAL/Sweet Pool" folder the game starts, but skips the whole game wtihout any text. I've heard from somewhere that a font called MingLIu is missing. I installed that font too, but the game didn't worked.
    Can anyone help me?
    Thank you! ^^
    Last edited by Kirie_69; 08-11-2018 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Grammar mistakes

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Welcome to the world of poor! XD Lots of people like that.

Anyway... There's no GOOD Sweet Pool English patch out there. There's a partial. And there was a translation team working on a full English one (really close to finishing), but then JAST Blue announced they were officially bringing the entire Nitro+CHiRAL backlog into English, they had to abandon their project.

I'm not sure why a Chinese font would be required, so you don't actually need that. The game uses MS Mincho. If your computer's System Unicode Locale is not set to Japanese, you might not have the font installed.

Make sure here: http://aarinfantasy.com/forum/f360/t...ml#post4219281

Beyond that, the only thing you need for that "eng-patch.npa" is to rename it. Any patches that override existing files need to be named "patch-XXX.npa". In this case, the partial English patch overrides the scripts, so it should be renamed "patch-nss.npa"

I'm not sure how proper the partial English patch is, but it is not 100% completed by any means, with a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes. And there's a glitch where you can't finish the game because it just doesn't like the partial English patch.

Good luck. ^^

Yaoi Amateur

Savings

(S009) Havi
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojichan View Post
    I'm not sure how proper the partial English patch is, but it is not 100% completed by any means, with a lot of spelling/grammar mistakes. And there's a glitch where you can't finish the game because it just doesn't like the partial English patch.
    Which glitch ? I played the game when the partial patch got release I was able to 100% finish the game and I don't have any recollection of any glitch, mind you it was years ago and maybe there was a work around it and I completely forgot about it.

Kirie_69
    The game worked now, but the all game is still Japanese. (I pasted an renamed the eng patch file to "patch-nss.npa" and the computer didn't overwroted anything...I don't understand what did I do XD)
    It is good now? XD

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeshua View Post
    Which glitch ? I played the game when the partial patch got release I was able to 100% finish the game and I don't have any recollection of any glitch, mind you it was years ago and maybe there was a work around it and I completely forgot about it.
    Years ago, there was a weird glitch where halfway through the game, your save file would just corrupt itself and you couldn't continue. -- Or wait, was that Lamento?? Ugh. My memory is dying...

Quote Originally Posted by vdfsaf View Post
    The game worked now, but the all game is still Japanese. (I pasted an renamed the eng patch file to "patch-nss.npa" and the computer didn't overwroted anything...I don't understand what did I do XD)
    It is good now? XD
    Close! ^^ Name it "nss-patch.npa"