aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Question DMMD installation help! (.exe file missing?)

So it's been about... 4 years? Since I first played DMMD and I LOVED it, and as I was talking to some friends last night we all decided to play it together. So I went to (DRAMAtical Murder Installation Guide (with English patch!)) to redownload it as I did twice before. Torrented just fine, folder opened fine, everything's good. But then I after I run the sdrt4280j file I get a command prompt error that lasts about 2 seconds that says something along the lines of "ucmansvc.exe is now stopping" and then the game just.... won't open. It opens to a black screen and then crashes.

I did some digging and it says the exe is the soft-denchi game manager but I see no way to reinstall it or find out if it's running/how to fix it. I just received this computer used approximately 3 weeks ago so I'm thinking the previous owner just deleted the file. Thoughts?

Also really sorry if this has been posted before/if this clutters the forum, feel free to redirect/delete otherwise!
    Last edited by hoechloins; 06-19-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Was the previous owner of the computer a fan of Japanese visual novels? If not, then the SoftDenchi not starting is related to something else.

A general checklist of things is to make sure your computer's System Unicode Locale is set to Japan, to allow the displaying of Japanese characters in non-Japanese computers.

Another thing is to try not to install the game in the default location, and instead choose a different folder OUTSIDE of the C:\Program Files (x86)\ one. Like, C:\Games\

Also, check to see if you have any anti-virus programs running that might be over zealous. Heck, check to see what all you got running in your system tray and see if anything funky is going on.

Without actually seeing the computer (And it's Windows installation) first-hand, it's hard to pinpoint exactly what's wrong.

Well, might as well ask if we could see a screenshot of the folder where DMMd was installed? ^^ What version of Windows are you running, anyways?

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

AHGSDHKJADKJASGD it turns out my dumbass was changing the wrong locale... I wasn't changing the unicode with it (I'm on Windows 10 and when I searched for region settings ig it opened the wrong window). Either that or I wasn't putting it in the right folder, I did as you said and ended up putting in my E:\Games\ folder and it works now. Thank you!

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    Awesome! Enjoy!