aarinfantasy's YAOI Collection

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Aki (L7)

Windows Media Player - Video/Audio out of sync

My trouble is, that whenever I play an .avi, the video tends to lag and the audio just plays as per normaland the end result is that the two don't match and out of synchronisation with each other.

Here is what I've tried- I've downloaded the latest DivX codec. I've set my laptop to High performance. I searched through troubleshooting pointers on the Windows Media Player site, but I found nothing specific to my predicament. I am using Windows Vista (oy vei), and I don't really take so much space on its hard-drive. Is it a virus? Do I need to do something to the Windows Media Player or do I need to download something or is there something wrong with the movies- I got the avi files from here- aarinfantasy, via links to Hosting sites, mainly Megaupload.

So guys, what's the deal?

Total Yaoi Freak

Savings

Wing 1 (Left)Shou (L5)Wing 1 (Right)
    Kid (L2)Shinichi (L1)Kai (L5)
    Origami (L4)Yosuke P4 (L1)Subaru Sumeragi (L3)
    It's great you thought of updating your DivX codecs. ^^ But it's possible that the codecs used for the video aren't DivX, but may be Xvid, or MPEG4 or an other format.

A way to update all of your codecs (and if you wish, install a light-weight video player to use instead of using Windows Media Player), is to download the CCCP. It's a combined codec pack made by the community.

CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack

For ease of compatibility, use the 32-Bit one marked above, even if your Windows Vista is a 64-Bit version. On older laptops/computers, the 32-Bit one will work better.

Yaoi Amateur
    Savings

Aki (L7)
    Thank you